Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coilovers or bags

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
    its better to plan early and research than just to buy and have no idea what your doing! i would be glad to help come install time
    I can also help with the management/electrical side of things. Check out Vortex for trunk setups and see what works for your lifestyle.
    Last edited by flipstah; 07-21-2015, 09:01 AM.
    Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Damn, those are some really good videos! Thanks Don, ive been checking out that trunk setup thread for a while, I really like the idea or having the compressor and wiring where the spare tire goes and haveing the tank show. The one problem im having is with my sub, i really wanna keep it but it takes up so much space
        2003 Volkswagen Jetta Gli
        2009 Audi S5

Instagram : Adrian.Cocis

Comment

Originally posted by Adcodo View Post
          Damn, those are some really good videos! Thanks Don, ive been checking out that trunk setup thread for a while, I really like the idea or having the compressor and wiring where the spare tire goes and haveing the tank show. The one problem im having is with my sub, i really wanna keep it but it takes up so much space
          Yeah, you have to fiddle around with it but options are endless. You can get a smaller tank to make it all fit.

Don

sigpic

Comment

Don't get too small a tank though or else the compressors will turn on every time you lift your vehicle. I'd recommend a minimum of 4 gallons, whether you want to do a single tank or two smaller tanks is up to you but i'd recommend it

Comment

Another newbie bag question... which I didn't think required a whole new thread.

Are bag setups something that you can slowly piece together to offset the large initial investment over the course of 6-9 months? Would I be able to purchase say the Tank and compressor, then the the front bags, then the rears, etc? If this is fine does it run you much more $$ buying separately vs buying a kit?
              ~Stephanie~
              2015 Tornado Red GTI Autobahn Edition
              IG: succubusMK7

Comment

Originally posted by RedRayne_GTI View Post
                Another newbie bag question... which I didn't think required a whole new thread.

Are bag setups something that you can slowly piece together to offset the large initial investment over the course of 6-9 months? Would I be able to purchase say the Tank and compressor, then the the front bags, then the rears, etc? If this is fine does it run you much more $$ buying separately vs buying a kit?
                you are better off saving the money up and buying the kit as a whole.

Comment

you are better off saving the money up and buying the kit as a whole.
                  x2
                  Shopping around with cash in hand for deals is far easier to get a good price on a brand new kit.

If you are looking to piece together a used kit, i'd see if you can get really good deals on certain items and piece it together as the items come up for sale.

Comment

I pieced my mk5 kit together used for around 2500. Picked up the front/rear bags, rear stunts, air zenith compressor and a tank for 1700ish, then bought elevel management used for 800 or so if i remember correctly. (ecu/controller/vu4/sensors).

you can save a lot of money going used. be patient and wait for good deals. BUT keep in mind, things can change and costs can add up very quickly if you need extra fittings/brackets/wood/pieces for your trunk setup.
                    Last edited by Danaldson; 07-21-2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I was definitely thinking to piece together brand new parts, but if the better pricing comes in kit form I'll go that route.

Besides compressors, management, etc, I doubt there is much used stuff with regards to bags and struts floating around (in Canada) for the MK7 platform yet.

It's hard enough finding coilovers for the MK7 in Canada (although Natty has quoted me), there just isn't many options it seems like.
                      Last edited by RedRayne_GTI; 07-21-2015, 01:49 PM.
                      ~Stephanie~
                      2015 Tornado Red GTI Autobahn Edition
                      IG: succubusMK7

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                        Don't get too small a tank though or else the compressors will turn on every time you lift your vehicle. I'd recommend a minimum of 4 gallons, whether you want to do a single tank or two smaller tanks is up to you but i'd recommend it
                        Yup. You can get two small 2 gallons and place them around where it fits (one tank for fronts/other for backs) but it's a pain. 4-5gallon should be fine.

I bought new and don't regret it. Unless the savings are huge, the used market post-USD conversion isn't worth it. At least, that's what I found when I was looking around.

Made more sense buying new for extra $100 or so instead of buying around Vortex.
                        Last edited by flipstah; 07-21-2015, 01:50 PM.

Don

sigpic

Comment

I was definitely thinking to piece together brand new parts, but if the better pricing comes in kit form I'll go that route.

Besides compressors, management, etc, I doubt there is much used stuff with regards to bags and struts floating around (in Canada) for the MK7 platform yet.

It's hard enough finding coilovers for the MK7 in Canada (although Natty has quoted me), there just isn't many options it seems like.
                          Air Lift has MK7 kits out and about already.

Don

sigpic

Comment

Adrian next time you come out to a meet/icecream/whatever, ask one of the guys on air for a little tour. Seeing things in person will help things make more sense.
                            I have Accuair E-Level installed in my truck. I haven't made a floor for the bed yet so everything is still exposed. If you want to see how everything is connected and how it is all laid out feel free to come over and have a look. It's all out in the open and you don't need to crawl underneath or anything
                            Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                              The current software for Autopilot V2 turns on the compressor once tank pressure goes 10% lower than the tank preset, so basically my compressor turns on all the time regardless of small height adjustments or airing up from zero. Super annoying if you ask me.

Comment

Buy this, use all of the air ride components, part out the rest of the car = free air ride.

Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

Working...
                                X