Volkswagen Passat GT Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen Passat GT Concept

Alongside the previously-shown three-row Atlas SUV, VW will be bringing something sporty-ish to the LA Auto Show when the event opens its doors later this week. The Passat GT concept will introduce a set of flashy new design cues, a lowered ride height, and some other go-fast bits to note.

Under the hood, the stock 3.6-liter TSI VR6 engine remains, producing 280 horsepower (208 kilowatts). All that power is handled courtesy of a standard six-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission with paddle shifters. The key upgrade in performance, though, comes by way of the dual trapezoidal exhaust tips and sport muffler, which gives that power a more distinguishable note, and the reduced ride height, which sits 0.6 inches lower to the ground than stock.

The exterior features more than 20 subtle design changes over the stock model, the black honeycomb grille insert with red accent lines being the centerpiece, a nod to the legendary GTI. Other exterior upgrades include unique bumper treatments, black window surrounds, and even 19-inch Tornado wheels that cover red-painted brake calipers.

The interior follows a similar subtle refresh, introducing a carbon-fiber pattern on the door trim and instrument panel, and two-tone black and grey sport seats with contrast stitching. The upgrades accent the standard black headliner and piano black center console trim, which is available throughout the Passat range.

The Passat GT Concept was developed at the VW facility in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and will be on display at the LA Auto Show in coming days.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Volkswagen Passat GT Concept

So a Jetta with GTI front bumper and some red lines?

It's ok but nothing game changing...

Comment

Holy snooze fest.

Comment

Looks like a parts bin special
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

haha such garbage
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Checking those lower ducts at the sides of the front bumper... all I see is auto-bling from Canadian Tire.
            Work - houzz / linkedin
            Play - haldex swap

Comment

Why so much rake, looks tacky.
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

VW is really grasping at straws since dieselgate exploded in its face.

I hardly think the alltrack, atlas, and passat gt are going to change its fortunes. A whole bunch of turd sandwiches.
                Last edited by bydesign; 11-21-2016, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bydesign View Post
                  VW is really grasping at straws since dieselgate exploded in its face.

I hardly think the alltrack, atlas, and passat gt are going to change its fortunes. A whole bunch of turd sandwiches.
                  They are trying to make lemonade - and as fast as possible. I think they feel that the more models, iterations and revamps they can pump out - the quicker the dieselgate smell will rub off.

Comment

It is also a fact that R&D and model development will slow as a result of the cash shortage from dieselgate. I might be biased but I like the Alltrack but the Atlas and Passat are trying very hard to adapt to the NA market which might bring in some buyers but I think they may lose some who like VW for their traditional lineup.

The Amorak (truck) is back in the discussion again though for being sold in NA. Maximizing current lineups and things well in the pipeline already I guess is VW for the next few years.
                    Blair

Comment

Working...
                    X