Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Icy Road + Pilot Sports = Slip Slidin' Fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Icy Road + Pilot Sports = Slip Slidin' Fun!

Any suggestions on where to get this stuff fixed? My appraisal was for $2,600'ish (done by the insurance company) so does that mean I can get it fixed anywhere I want for up to that price? Thankfully, this is my first time at this "crashing" stuff... so am kind of in need of some knowledge.

Would a dealership be the best place to go for this? ...Or would this kind of thing require a body shop? Once again... to me, it would appear that the $2,600 quote includes a brand new rim, new tire, and new rear bumper. Does that sound right?

Cheers...
    Rob
    Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
    Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Go to Rudy's they will work with you to put on whatever you want. They have been great to me lately.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

yes, sounds ok, if i were you, get the money from the insurance company. then, do the following:

take wheel to alberta wheel repair, get it fixed for like ~$150, good as new...

buy bumper from eutuning for cheap, get it painted somewhere for cheap (all this maybe $600)

keep the rest of your money for mods.
        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Not a bad idea Bart however usually when insurance compnaies just payout the reduce the amount paid out by a percentage (I think around 20%) so it maybe better to have a good body shop to deal with.
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
            Not a bad idea Bart however usually when insurance compnaies just payout the reduce the amount paid out by a percentage (I think around 20%) so it maybe better to have a good body shop to deal with.
            This has been my experience. They reduced the amount by about 20% when paying our cash. Their reasoning is that you are going to keep the $$$ and they deduct some for the profits etc that the body shop would ultimately make.

You may still come out ahead though if you take the cash & do as bart suggested depending on what your deductable is etc.

Andrew
            www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Wow. Are you rocking those Michelin summer at the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by B5
                Wow. Are you rocking those Michelin summer at the rear?
                Ahem... I was actually rocking the Pilot's in the rear.... and the front! Silly me. Let's just say that my Arctic Alpins were put on about 1 week too late this year.

Damn winter. If only they made Michelin Pilot Arctic Alpin Sports?! ...Now that... would be cool. Oh yeah... and in the 18" variety of course. Let me see... that would be approx. $800 a tire or so.

Arrrrrghhh...
                Rob
                Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Working...
                X