Why does this province use boulders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does this province use boulders?

Why the hell does this province have to use boulders instead of sand!!?!?!?!

I was driving down Deerfoot at lunch today and there was one cube truck in front of me and *pop*. The next thing I know I have glass all over me and I see parts of sky above me.

NL charges $950, 5th Ave $1095 and SCFC $1090. Plus installation! I'm currently trying to get it from Montogomery for $600 and getting it installed at NL. They said they would only sell me the whole assembly.

There goes some $$ I could've used to mod with.
    Last edited by 1.8Trip; 01-27-2005, 02:47 PM.
    Neil
    '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Re: Why does this province use boulders?

HOLY FARK NEIL!!!!!!!!!! thats insane!! talk to your insurance company or talk to the city about it man.. i've never seen that ever before

Comment

That's insane! I can't believe that! I hate driving in this city.

So sorry man!
      billip
      2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

I talked to my insurance agent and she said that I am not covered for glass unless it was caused by fire, flood, lightning, riots, theft, vandalism, civil unrest, equipment from aircraft in landing, derailment etc. etc.

I almost should have said theft or vandalism, but I still would have had to pay a deductible and I would have a claim on record. I lose either way because the total cost of me dong all the work to source out the part and have it installed is not too much more than my deductible.

I hate Calgary roads, I hate insurance.
        Neil

mods to my car

Comment

That's absolutly crazy Neil. Deerfoot can be such a pain to drive on.
          Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

OUCH!!! that's farkin 5hitty dude. plus i hate big trucks flinging rocks and sand all over the place.

outta curiosity, can you get that 3m rockguard protection on your sunroof? or is it just for body protection? but from the looks of it, i don't think that would helped (maybe it would've held the glass together so it doesn't get it all over you when you're driving).
            Eric
            2002 Jetta 1.8T, Black

Comment

Wow, that sucks. Did you have the roof popped up at the time?

You may want to chack out Black Gold Auto Parts in Nisku. I found them to be a little cheaper than Montgomery for parts & the have lots of new VWs.

http://www.blackgoldimportautoparts....rrivalsBG.html

Andrew
              www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by gaffer
                Wow, that sucks. Did you have the roof popped up at the time?

You may want to chack out Black Gold Auto Parts in Nisku. I found them to be a little cheaper than Montgomery for parts & the have lots of new VWs.

http://www.blackgoldimportautoparts....rrivalsBG.html

Andrew
                Yeah, I had the roof popped.

I've already ordered the part from Montgomery but thanks for the site.
                Neil

mods to my car

Comment

if you guys remember how bad my front end was last year.. thast from 1 winter of driving only twice a week on deerfoot

Comment

Originally posted by T is for Turbo
                    OUCH!!! that's farkin 5hitty dude. plus i hate big trucks flinging rocks and sand all over the place.

outta curiosity, can you get that 3m rockguard protection on your sunroof? or is it just for body protection? but from the looks of it, i don't think that would helped (maybe it would've held the glass together so it doesn't get it all over you when you're driving).
                    I don't know if you can get the 3M stuff or not, but def would have spared me all of the glass on my lap. This glass did not quite break like standard tempered glass. Some of it broke into tiny sharp peices.
                    Neil

mods to my car

Comment

hahah Ryan...I drive Deerfoot from Anderson - 32 and back every goddamn day. My girlfriend lives on 64 so..I get to do it on most weekends too!

I remember once having a golf-ball sized rock embedded in the windshield of my moms Volvo from deerfoot once..Scared the crap outta her because it he had come through, it would have hit her in the chest/face
                      REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                      -james

Comment

Hey Neil, was the truck a Company truck??...maybe you can find a loop hole in the system and go after the company if it didn't have proper mud flaps or something????? just a thought...I know that Big trucks have strict rules and requirements on flaps and equipment tie downs.....
                        Last edited by Platinum-G; 01-27-2005, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Holy crap!!! That is fu$%^ng insane!!!

Present
                          2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                          2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                          2003 VW Jetta GLI
                          1992 VW Jetta GL
                          1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Jeebus Christ, That really sucks Neil. I hope you're able to get some kind of deal on the repair and parts, or better yet some compensation

Dirty, miserable, filthy Calgary roads are one thing I def do not miss.
                            Derick

Comment

Originally posted by Platinum-G
                              Hey Neil, was the truck a Company truck??...maybe you can find a loop hole in the system and go after the company if it didn't have proper mud flaps or something????? just a thought...I know that Big trucks have strict rules and requirements on flaps and equipment tie downs.....
                              No, I almost wish that it was a gravel truck. At least that way I could've had a case, but this thing was a big cube truck and it I think it had mud flaps.

Originally posted by C-town Driver
                              Jeebus Christ, That really sucks Neil. I hope you're able to get some kind of deal on the repair and parts, or better yet some compensation

Dirty, miserable, filthy Calgary roads are one thing I def do not miss.
                              I bought a used roof (just the glass section) from Montgomery today for $400. NL was gonna charge me $950 for the part. I called every where today trying to get someone to install it for me but no auto glass shop seemed to wanna touch it. Can someone explain why? Anyway, I'm booked into NL to get it installed. I was quoted 1.5 hrs for the work.
                              Last edited by 1.8Trip; 01-27-2005, 09:35 PM.
                              Neil

mods to my car

Comment

Working...
                              X