Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Adjustments

Hello,

I got my car repainted last year at a shop and the doors are having some issues closing. Fortunately for me, the shop moved or went out of business and i cannot track them down.

Can you guys help? The doors seem aligned but have to slam them really hard to get them to close.

BTW , the car is a 1994 MB C-class
    Garage --- full at the moment.

Re: Door Adjustments

on the inside of the door there should be a torx screw (look at pic for reference), im assuming its simmalar on the MB
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2631/...ded37f27_o.jpg

Loosen those screws just enough to be able to have movement in the locking mechanism. (don't remove screws), and then shift the locking mechanism closer to the inside of the door.

you can to that by loosening the screw, then while the bit is still in the screw, slide with the mechanism.

If that does not cure it try moving the whole set up the other direction. How are the doors opening at the moment besides the tough closing?
    "No one likes to shake hands with Mr.Shitty Fingers."

Comment

Sweet!

Thanks a lot Yasek! I will give this a try this weekend when i get back from Calgary.

The doors seem to close fine if i apply more pressure, they do not hang lower and the trim aligns well. They closed great before going to the body shop.......

I'll update the thread this weekend and let you know how i made out.

Comment

Originally posted by Yasek View Post
        on the inside of the door there should be a torx screw (look at pic for reference), im assuming its simmalar on the MB
        http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2631/...ded37f27_o.jpg

Loosen those screws just enough to be able to have movement in the locking mechanism. (don't remove screws), and then shift the locking mechanism closer to the inside of the door.

you can to that by loosening the screw, then while the bit is still in the screw, slide with the mechanism.

If that does not cure it try moving the whole set up the other direction. How are the doors opening at the moment besides the tough closing?

Bah, only have one screw there above the latch........

Comment

Working...
        X