no fun police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: no fun police

i spend all day at work acting like an adult. following the same code of ethics on the internet isn't amusing. i don't know how old most of you are, but i would like to think that most of you enjoy not acting your age, sometimes. it's the best part about being an adult. and the internet is a great place to do that. no one is out to disband the club. hell i've been here almost as long as you have. 3rd longest if you look at the dates of those who have posted here. that should show for something. even if i don't post 10x a day.

i just had a couple posts deleted for unknown reasons that i didn't think were offensive(?). PM would help. you would at least expect a written copy of why you were written up at work. as an adult, i should expect it here then. it's not childish to ask what you did wrong and an adult learns from misteaks pointed out to him/her.
    Last edited by 100%VAGitarian; 07-22-2013, 08:25 PM.
    you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Originally posted by 100%VAGitarian View Post
      i spend all day at work acting like an adult. following the same code of ethics on the internet isn't amusing. i don't know how old most of you are, but i would like to think that most of you enjoy not acting your age, sometimes. it's the best part about being an adult. and the internet is a great place to do that. no one is out to disband the club. hell i've been here almost as long as you have. 3rd longest if you look at the dates of those who have posted here. that should show for something. even if i don't post 10x a day.

i just had a couple posts deleted for unknown reasons that i didn't think were offensive(?). PM would help. you would at least expect a written copy of why you were written up at work. as an adult, i should expect it here then. it's not childish to ask what you did wrong and an adult learns from misteaks pointed out to him/her.
      PM'd
      --
      Rod
      Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
      2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by onepointeightdub View Post
        we should realize that opinions differ regardless of what is right or wrong therefore there is no right or wrong. but respect each other's style and how each of our cars are modded.
        This is exactly what has been annoying me the most. I haven't been dealing with this on the forums where everyone can see it, but I've been getting a lot of crap lately. I know quite a few people would rather have a newer car, so apparently they're allowed to give me **** and call me stupid when I say that I prefer driving my E30 because it's older and therefore not what they like. I don't care. I'd rather drive that car because it puts a way bigger smile on my face when I do.

Yes, I've made the odd joke that some people didn't get... I guess you have to know me to get my sense of humour sometimes. I'll keep those to myself from now on.

I'm tired of some people flipping **** at me over the smallest things. It's getting to a point where I feel that I'm receiving personal attacks and being targeted. This just kills my motivation to do anything related to this group anymore, whether it be coming to meets, going to shows, or just hanging out with people.

/rant.
        Last edited by CGY_GTI; 07-23-2013, 02:41 PM.
        Scott
        '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
        '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

^ Well put. You're not the only one.

Pat

His
          1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
          1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
          1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
          2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
          Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

I just enjoy spectating.
            Mitch

1996 Harlequin
            2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

The comment about providing feedback for deleted posts and closed threads is very valid and we as mods will attempt to incorporate that as it will help people learn the balance we are aiming for.

Topics drift away from the topic often and that is fine, especially if it is a joke or two that people are enjoying but it is when there are several posts aimed at specific individuals it is when things stop becoming fun and the conversation is too far off track. There are indeed some hot topics out there but we are all individuals with differing tastes, incomes and perspectives so not everything has to be the same or the right way so I am just asking for you to think about that when you post.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                The comment about providing feedback for deleted posts and closed threads is very valid and we as mods will attempt to incorporate that as it will help people learn the balance we are aiming for.
                Realistically, this is the only way I can see things getting back to normal around here.

Relating to my last post, if anyone has a problem with me and that's why they feel the need to attack me or whatever, I encourage you to PM me so that we can sort it out. I did this with one other member on here a while back and that has since been resolved. I think that's a more mature way of dealing with these kinds of things rather than just deleting me from Facebook, ignoring me, or (as I'm stating to suspect) trying to get others to turn on me.
                Scott
                '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

I think what people need to do is realize that this is a website that represents a club, and should act accordingly. A lot of people on here have met and do have personal relationships with each other but for new people coming in, the forums can seem pretty elitest and bitchy and not overly friendly. I think allot of this is from friends joking and taking shots at each other like they would in person but it just does not play out the same in text.
                  Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
                    Realistically, this is the only way I can see things getting back to normal around here.

Relating to my last post, if anyone has a problem with me and that's why they feel the need to attack me or whatever, I encourage you to PM me so that we can sort it out. I did this with one other member on here a while back and that has since been resolved. I think that's a more mature way of dealing with these kinds of things rather than just deleting me from Facebook, ignoring me, or (as I'm stating to suspect) trying to get others to turn on me.
                    you caught me, random people at the mall (pacific place marlborough) that I was trying to get to turn on you had no idea what eurodrivers were or how to prounounce CGY_GTI.

In all seriousness though, personal attacks are not cool, hating someones car is ok as long as your not a dick about it. "not really for me" is ay better then "were your eyes closed when you picked out those wheels?" or just not say anything.
                    Last edited by MrSector9; 07-23-2013, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toplessvw View Post
                      ... for new people coming in, the forums can seem pretty elitest and bitchy and not overly friendly...
                      Actually I am really happy with the forum, it was very open and friendly from my first post.

Not everyone can get along and we all have some personal perceptions, opinions and ideas that we are protective about. When faced with a confrontation on them, we have to decide at one point that it's gone on long enough and it's time to take a breather.
                      Last edited by witchcraftz; 07-23-2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I just ignore stoopidity, arrogance, inconsiderate, opinionated and a bunch of other words I don't remember...and I drink sometimes. Treat everyone the way you want to be treated...and drink sometimes...it helps.
                        Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Working...
                        X