This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Meeting Location Thread

Well the quality of the BPs has been going down hill lately and last weeks meet was the final straw so it has come to be time to find a new meeting place for the more formal first Thursday of the month meets.

The ideal requirements are, good food, not too expensive, can accommodate 5-45 people with ease, can park a lot of cars safely and preferably together, and not too out of the way for people.

Some suggestions have been Moxies (Southport location), Loco Lou's on Macleod, either Earls, Joeys, Perkins, something up on Barlow & 32nd.

So please post any ideas, comments or suggestions please so we can find a new home for August!
    Southport Moxies- Mcleod Trail- decent food, good looking girls, potential parking issues
    0%
    Westbrook/Bowtrail BPs- BPs same ol food, mixed girls, walmart near by, potential parking issues
    0%
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: New Meeting Location Thread

It almost has to be a place that typically isnt very busy... it could be tough to accomodate 20 people for most places to sit together... then there is parking!
    I think that gets rid of Joeys, Earls, and possibly Loco Lous. (I dont recall their parking lot)
    Is there something in Westhills that generally isn't that busy?

Comment

well the parking lot at moxies at south port was awsome huge and the lounge is never busy .
      sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed Moxies although it was less of a family environment. Parking was only OK but I would be willing to give it a shot.

I think that Southcenter Mall has some potential as does Earls/White-Spot on MacLeod Tr.

Someone pointed out that Toys R Us closes so we could use their lot - are any other Toys R Us stores or other stores like that nearby to restaraunts? Office Depots also often have big lots.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

moxies is always pretty good food wise.. no idea on that south location..

being northern i'd prefer north locations

the moxies/earls off 32nd in the NE aren't bad locations the lots are decent..

we'd have to definitely talk with the manager and basically say look.. we are going to host our meetings here.. were giving you TONS of business we want a section setup this date with miminimal 20-30 chairs,etc can you do this or not?
          Last edited by R_Ethug; 07-06-2009, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Moxies South it tight for parking.. unless the office building across the street is available.

Or BP's just off Southland?

Comment

The Moxies does use the other parking across the street by the office and golf place so more parking for sure. BPs southland parking is horrible IMO, their lot is very small and the overflow is shared with the Black Swan which can be an issue.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

moxies at market mall is pretty good too, not sure if its too far out of the way for people

Pat

His
                1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Doing it on Macleod Trail might also get us more exposure in the summer for drop-in members etc. How visible is the lot?
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

i'd stay away from market mall.. i hate that place other than the apple store lol

mcleod trail is good exposure for sure as long as the place can handle the cars.. those tiny winter meets of 8-12 people are fun but remember the summer ones with 50+ peeps.. crazy parking time

Comment

Im not sure what the place is like anymore.. but Santa Fe Grill? the lot is huge there.. and very visible.

Comment

I think you have going to have a problem using a restaurant in any case. Places like that are just to formal for a meet and the lighting usually sucks. A central location would also be nice.
                        Name: Brent
                        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Why not move it to a place like Fatburger(Deerfoot Meadows location)? It has tons of parking, its a nice little place where we could all hang out, the food is good and decently priced, its a few min from the old location, they serve liquor, they got a patio(can prob fit only up to 20 ppl)....

On the other hand they also got a few places around there like, Thai Tai, Opa, Some Mexican restaurant and Jugo Juice...so there is something for everyone, and in the end we could all gather outside and eat the food together with some variety.

We could also look at a place like Chiantis in the NE, it shares parking lots with other stores, so there is no doubt in my mind that we would have enough parking for everyone, the downside is it mainly serves pasta, so if u dont enjoy pasta ur gonna be eating elsewhere or at home which isnt fair to the rest of the group.

my $0.02
                          Originally posted by RedMile
                          Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
                          Originally posted by Smarty39
                          haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

WELL speaking in westhills,

there is a BP in the signal hill area. It by Honda West and Canadian Tire.
                            Reggie Mah | MWDesign Technik Sales Representative
                            Europrojektz NW Chapter Member
                            reggie@mwdesigntechnik.com

Comment

I would love to say Wild Rose Brewery because there is lots of parking, good reasonably priced food, and it's quite literally in the centre of the city. In door and outdoor seating. Plus of course great drinks.

Music to permeate your soul …
                              Jayson
                              MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Working...
                              X