This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Meeting Location Thread

wing nights anywhere will be way to busy for 40 of us to walk in and expect a table, i think fatburger is the best idea, if we can meet a little early, if not moxies seems to be the place
    Last edited by gheron; 07-06-2009, 08:02 PM.

Current
    02 Audi S3 - Low and Slow phase II follow the build @j_gheron
    04 GLI low and slow OG
    Past
    02 Laser S4//605'd//aquamisted//EPLed
    00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by gheron View Post
      wing nights anywhere will be way to busy for 40 of us to walk in and expect a table, i think fatburger is the best idea, if we can meet a little early, if not moxies seems to be the place
      I think they are busy during the hockey season, but usually are not too bad otherwise. Some people other than myself should go out this week to different pubs and check to see how busy they are for wing nights. I know Limricks on MCcloud is fairly big and could possibly do it.
      2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
      Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

I'd probably try to steer move towards a centrally located place so that if anyone is coming from anywhere in the city it's pretty equal.

Music to permeate your soul …
        Jayson
        MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Originally posted by MusicalGenius View Post
          I'd probably try to steer move towards a centrally located place so that if anyone is coming from anywhere in the city it's pretty equal.
          I hear ya, but my input is Flight Deck (not sure their food quality) BUT they have TONS of parking spaces cause they share parking with T&T supermarket. I know its in the NW but just another suggestion

Comment

actually flight deck is a pretty good place! and parking is easy there

Comment

flight deck is half way to edmonton.
              as much as i love that bar, its pricey, and a hell of a long way for anyone who doesn't live in the north.
              Team Highschool
              Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Wing night at any pub will be no parking and no tables, I think that should be vetoed.

Also that fatburger has VERY little parking actually, and closes super early, I think even before 8. The Ikea is even often full sometimes :/

What about that pub on Richmond and 37th near Mountainview Bowling? There is a big lot there.
                Last edited by Kor; 07-06-2009, 10:13 PM.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

It's not a bad pub. Wings are good. Parking can sometimes be a pain due to bowling leagues but there is plenty of parking across the street in the school parking lot. I have not been there in a long time but how about Bass Bro's by Glenmore Audi?

Originally posted by Kor View Post
                  Wing night at any pub will be no parking and no tables, I think that should be vetoed.

Also that fatburger has VERY little parking actually, and closes super early, I think even before 8. The Ikea is even often full sometimes :/

What about that pub on Richmond and 37th near Mountainview Bowling? There is a big lot there.
                  Mike
                  '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
                  '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

I don't know about you guys but I buy my cars so that I can drive them. I don't care how far it is cause I won't be taking the bus to get there. My vote is where ever you guys choose.

Why not try a few spots over the next few months, like we are the bachelorette looking for that one sweet spot to hang out in fo eva
                    Last edited by popp; 07-06-2009, 10:58 PM.
                    Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Originally posted by popp View Post
                      I don't know about you guys but I buy my cars so that I can drive them. I don't care how far it is cause I won't be taking the bus to get there. My vote is where ever you guys choose.

Why not try a few spots over the next few months, like we are the bachelorette looking for that one sweet spot to hang out in fo eva
                      Sounds good to me. I'm down with that. We could even implement it for the mid month meet as well. There is nothing wrong with where that meeting place is, but maybe it will help speed the process up if we do it twice a month instead of once.
                      2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
                      Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

I think wing nights are a no, far too busy to get a large table for us, no matter what time of year. The Fatburger parking is not bad, shares with Sport Chek and Mark's Work Wearhouse, not Ikea but it does close to early.

So far seems Wildrose is one of the best choices, although I have never been myself. There is the Westgate BPs but the parking lot can be a little ghetto in such close proximity to that Walmart.

We will do a mid month on the 15th but I think we will stick with the Starbucks for this one and give a bit more time to select a location.
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I think once a location is chosen or at least narrowed down, maybe approach the manager about setting up a regular scheduled reservation, and maybe even some sort of discount.

While I do like WildRose.. you would have a hell of a time fitting 20+ people in there if there are any other customers... They had a ANCA meeting there (Audi Club north America) and it was pretty tight with 15-20 people...

Comment

oh well thats out then

we def need to talk to the manager about the situation...

wing nights are for sure too busy

Comment

pfft...you all suck...lol...I'm still going to call and find out from some places and see if they will support 40+ on a reservation.
                              2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver

Comment

The problem is we do not always consistently have the same number of people each month, it ranges from 4-40 so very hard to make a standard reso without looking like an ass some months, one way or the other.
                                Blair
                                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                                X