This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Meeting Location Thread

Trial and error, why not just start at the top of the list of generally approved places and go through them. If we find a place we like quite a bit before finishing the list then so be it.

Music to permeate your soul …
    Jayson
    MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

lol well lets just do moxies southport and try it then.. i can get in touch with the manager about setting us up a big table,etc and we can park across the street.. can someone confirm these lots are OK? i'm not 100% by looking at google maps

Comment

Moxies Southport has a very small lot. Parking across the street at Toys R Us is hardly favorable...

I still think the BP's on Bow Trail is a decent bet.. sure there is a Wal Mart in the same lot, but its literally 1000m away. WM has to be pretty busy to get people parking around BP's...
        Last edited by R-Audi; 07-13-2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Parking anywhere within 3 miles of a walmart is dangerous the sunfires and cavaliers will be smashing into you left right and center.
          2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
          2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
          2001 Audi A4 - RIP
          2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
          2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
          2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
          1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
          2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

The Moxie's Southport parking across the street is across Southport road into the professional offices, not Macleod Trail and is used as Moxies overflow. The do also have a small private-ish room in the lounge that can be booked, just not sure if it holds enough people if we get a good turn out.

I have parked very far away in Wal Marts and still feared for my car! I was by that BPs on the weekend and the parking was close to each other but it was probably busier then it would be on a meet night.

I think we will try one of these 2 spots to start so maybe I will put up a poll soon.
            Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 07-13-2009, 01:32 PM.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I parked the passat at the end of the parking lot 60 stalls away from any other car at wal-mart in Lethbridge last time we were there. when we left the store there was a 240 and a cavalier parked beside me........why
              Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

LOL alex i know how you feel.. i park my car at teh park and ride seriously as far away as possible in a corner and i come home and there is an f250 parked right next to me and 50 open stalls around.. WTF

k guys i'll make a poll up

southport moxies
                bowtrail BPs

poll added please vote for temporary tryout location.. once vote is solidified i will phone locations prior to meet to arrange seating,etc
                Last edited by R_Ethug; 07-13-2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Moxie's, change of pace and food. I know a friend who just got a job at the Moxie's on 17th ave, I'm willing to give that a shot first.

Jayson

What's Next?

Comment

There is no neither vote....lol..fail....I'm kidding....moxies has more on tap, I'm happy with that.
                    Last edited by dJ; 07-13-2009, 04:25 PM.
                    2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
                    Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

i voted bowtrail simpy because its a "little" more central, but not by much. Plus it has tons of parking.
                      Team Highschool
                      Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

This is not for the permanent location but a tester for the first month to see how it all works out, if people are unhappy we will try somewhere else.
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

So I was down at Wild Rose on Saturday night and inquired about large groups. Apparently at least once a month there is a Mini club that shows up (about 25 people), as well as a hockey team (I think) which has had upwards to 60 people at once. Inside there are 75 seats, during the summer months there is also the patio (about 30 more seats). Granted if necessary I got the name and card of someone who would be in charge of reserving a group as large as ours. I also inquired about having a varying reserving size (summer large winter small) which also seemed to be alright with them.

I would have to do some further investigating if people were interested, but just a little info to go off of.

Jayson

What's Next?

Comment

Thanks for the info Jayson, we will see how the Moxies goes next week and then take a look at other locations as I am not set on anything just yet.
                            Blair

Comment

Originally posted by MusicalGenius View Post
                              I would love to say Wild Rose Brewery because there is lots of parking, good reasonably priced food, and it's quite literally in the centre of the city. In door and outdoor seating. Plus of course great drinks.
                              I'd be down with a more central location too.
                              Rob
                              Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                              Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

No prob Blair, since we're kind of up in the air at the moment any information from any location is probably useful. We'll see how Moxie's goes I guess.

Jayson

What's Next?

Comment

Working...
                                X