2005 Smrt CDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2005 Smrt CDI

Thanks for the compliments, not sure if there will be too many more mods for the Smart, most things left are too pricey or not that noticeable.

The Smart CDI is restricted to 135km/h from the factory, the chip moves it too 159 supposedly but the speedo only goes to 140 so hard to verify, but mine spends most of its time in town, and still getting 50mpg with the big wheels.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Ahh, I see. Heh... well... we're never really done with our cars anyways...

Ohh. The restriction makes sense. Im not saying you have to drive it fast, just curious if, I mean, if you do want to make a pass, or head out on the highway.

Mileage is still great with those wheels! Good to hear! What would it normally get, before that? I think I hear something insane like 63mpg? And yours is chipped too.. Smart car sounds good right about now with the gas prices, and the environmental problems!
      Chris W.
      '99 Wolfsburg Golf - Mk3 - 2.0L

Comment

Well I have been thinking about parting with my Smart this year, but the Mrs does not want to let it go and really it will be hard to give up the financial benefit of this car (currently it costs me $7 a week to drive in fuel) so naturally I have then been looking at maybe doing another mod or two if I hang onto it.

Now I have come across the opportunity to get the majority of the interior from a Brabus Nightrun (special edition only 50 made) so this would allow me to put in some carbon fiber trim accents, pedals, and e-brake boot among some items. The one thing I am most interested in is the leather dash and door cards, which my car does not have however I am not sure on the colours, so I am looking for some opinions.

Here is the Brabus parts, you can see the colour of the dash leather and door inserts

Here is my stock door fabric and dash (not my actual car)

And here is what my leather seats look like, this pic has black leather on the doors and dash which is an aftermarket upgrade.

Now my question is, do you think this will all look ok together or too much miss match of colours?
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Looks much better than the cloth I think. Dont like how the aftermarket one is all wrinkled for the door pocket though.
          Chris :

2004 Jetta TDI Sport SOLD
          2010 Toyota Tundra CrewCab TRD

Comment

Well the end of the line is coming quickly for the Smart and I have begun the part out with the exhaust and suspension sold so far. If anyone knows anyone wanting to pimp there Smart with some wheels I still have a couple sets to part with!

Bring on the GTI!
            Blair

Comment

Working...
            X