1981 Rabbit Truck Diesel

Comment

Re: My MKIV

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
        Looks good man!!!
        Thanks dude!

Originally posted by idlandk View Post
        Looks like you have a rubbing issue
        Yeah a bit. I either need smaller adapters, narrower tires, or roll/pull the quarter's a bit, or maybe a combination of the 3.

Comment

For the rears, wait for the Innovative Design & Fabrication rear hub relocation plates! like great plates only way better, moves the hub back along with the caliper and everything without moving the beam, also adds a couple degrees of camber, so because the brake caliper mounts to it everything gets angled properly for camber and you don't have to worry about using washers to angle your calipers. These combined with narrower tires and you'll be set!

For the love of god please don't try and pull the rears with a fender roller, thats what i tried, and ended up fully pulling the quarters cause it straight fucked them!
          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Picture of the plates: I'll be setting up a group buy when they come available, theres a few guys around who want them.

Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
              For the rears, wait for the Innovative Design & Fabrication rear hub relocation plates! like great plates only way better, moves the hub back along with the caliper and everything without moving the beam, also adds a couple degrees of camber, so because the brake caliper mounts to it everything gets angled properly for camber and you don't have to worry about using washers to angle your calipers. These combined with narrower tires and you'll be set!

For the love of god please don't try and pull the rears with a fender roller, thats what i tried, and ended up fully pulling the quarters cause it straight fucked them!
              Yeah I saw Sean post that on the vortex a couple of weeks ago but I didn't really look into them that much. Could possibly be the solution to my problem. Would be cool to have some camber as well . Let me know when you're placing the order!

And thanks for the heads-up on the fender roller, if you messed up yours I definitely would have fucked up mine, I know nothing about body work.

Comment

Going to look sweet!!
                Al
                Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

Picture of the plates: I'll be setting up a group buy when they come available, theres a few guys around who want them.
                  Count me in for a set Colin

Comment

i would be intrested depending on final price and thickness
                    Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

Well in exactly 1 week all my fun is over. The car went mostly back to stock and was sold today to make room for the new car. I was sad to see it go but I'm happy to start building a new car.

Comment

At least you got it sold very quickly! Can't wait to see what you do with that GLI!

Comment

Originally posted by nismodrifter View Post
                          At least you got it sold very quickly! Can't wait to see what you do with that GLI!
                          Yeah a friend of mine was looking for a Jetta so it worked out perfect! I'm planning to keep the GLI simple with just wheels and low, it's already pretty sweet how it is

Comment

Originally posted by vwpride View Post
                            Yeah a friend of mine was looking for a Jetta so it worked out perfect! I'm planning to keep the GLI simple with just wheels and low, it's already pretty sweet how it is
                            I said that once.......
                            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I said that once.......
                              Haha, famous last words.

Comment

Working...
                              X