My Ginster Mk3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Ginster Mk3

Car looks and sounds good! Surprised you didn't thoroughly clean the bay before reinstalling the motor though!
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
      Car looks and sounds good! Surprised you didn't thoroughly clean the bay before reinstalling the motor though!
      Thanks! Yeah... it was always on the back of my mind but my car was too low for the hoist.. it had to be jacked up and dropped onto it lol. Ill just spend some time doing it in the coming weeks :P
      Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
      ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
      PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by VwPsycho78 View Post
        Jason I sent you a text. What's going on dude? I'm starting to regret doing business with you. You promissed me you'd stay in touch and I haven't heard from you in a while. I kept my word and you got your parts...why do you leave me hanging like this??? I trusted you and now you are ignoring me. Let me know what's going on man...this is not cool at all.
        Oh ****, im very sorry, my phone broke a while back.. just got a new one about a week or so ago. Could you please PM me your number again? I need to reinstall Tapatalk!

Also, for the record, yes i know i got your parts, but you also got my parts...
        EDIT: not tapatalk, i mean WhatsApp
        Last edited by GingerBeef; 12-03-2014, 10:15 PM.
        Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

I can confirm that his phone stopped working, he stopped sending me weird snapchats lolol
          Current Fleet
          #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
          2001 Cobra #88/3786
          1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
          2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
          2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post
            Oh ****, im very sorry, my phone broke a while back.. just got a new one about a week or so ago. Could you please PM me your number again? I need to reinstall Tapatalk!

Also, for the record, yes i know i got your parts, but you also got my parts...
            EDIT: not tapatalk, i mean WhatsApp
            Yes I know man, but the deal is not fully done if u know what I mean. I'll pm you my number.
            Das auto sucht sich seinen fahrer selbst aus

Click here to check out my ride

Comment

Alright people! Need some help/ advice!

Just wondering if anybody has any idea when my fans should be coming on? My cars seems to be sitting at about 90 degrees after idling for 15 minutes, no fan. Im not sure if a temp sensor is out or something or its just simply not getting hot enough for the fans to come on?

Fans themselves are fine, as they engage when the AC is turned on.
              Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

About 95C is when mine always come on. Did you burp all the air out of the system? I had my fans refuse to come on after a coolant replace due to air.

Have you jumped the thermoswitch harness to make sure low and high are both functioning?
                Mitch

1996 Harlequin
                2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Originally posted by Mcrow View Post
                  About 95C is when mine always come on. Did you burp all the air out of the system? I had my fans refuse to come on after a coolant replace due to air.

Have you jumped the thermoswitch harness to make sure low and high are both functioning?
                  I was just about to shoot you a text... the air SHOULD be burped, i let it idle for quite a while with the cap off, my hoses are pressurizing. Ill jump the fans tomorrow, ran out of time today to try that... I believe its a sensor/ wiring fault as my aux water pump i snt turning on either...
                  Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

does your heater blow warm-hot if so you are most likely are getting circulation and probable have no air in the coolant system, but if your heater is blowing cool cold air I would say you are not getting circulation, also check your rad hoses one will be warm hot until the thermostat opens than the other will get hot and than your fans should come on after a while. The way I usually get the coolant to flow is by revving the engine to get the coolant to push the air pocket out.

Comment

Originally posted by EXP View Post
                      does your heater blow warm-hot if so you are most likely are getting circulation and probable have no air in the coolant system, but if your heater is blowing cool cold air I would say you are not getting circulation, also check your rad hoses one will be warm hot until the thermostat opens than the other will get hot and than your fans should come on after a while. The way I usually get the coolant to flow is by revving the engine to get the coolant to push the air pocket out.
                      Yup, as far as i know, the Tstat is fine. top rad hose warms up first, a few mins after the lower will start to warm up. Also tested the heater, blows hot!
                      Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Not much happening this week, just looking around the bay for some obvious missed wiring when it comes to my fan issue... no codes so im kinda at a loss here.

Spent some time and cleaned up super botched up wiring for the lights... heres a taste of some of the carnage. Yes, among the butt connectors there are those orange twisty caps that electricians use... All wires now soldered, heat shrinked and taped up now.

I also have a little bit of a leak where the rubber powersteering line meets the pump, i remember that it was tough to get off in the removal process so im thinking it may be a little stretched/ hairline cracked from taking it off. I have a bit of hose to spare so ill see if cutting out a 1 inch section at the end will solve that.

One last thing. Got most of the front end on and put in new headlight bulbs. Yellow high beam bulbs and white low beam bulbs... the low beams are a little too blue for my taste, even though i purchased white ones.. but well see if it settles at all or something (clearly not a headlight bulb expert).

Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

So the car left the hoist for the first time since September! Mini heart attack when i had no reverse, but the problem was solved by tightening the shifter cable bolts (my bad..)
                          Car drives well! That motor has never felt so grunty before, although the brakes need some more bleeding.. so with no brakes and no grip i carefully headed back into the shop... and took some pictures!

(excuse the first cell phone pics, they were the only ones i got outside)

Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Nice work Jason. By the way nice wheel gap.

Comment

Looks really good. Nice work.
                              Mitch

1996 Harlequin
                              2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Originally posted by Mcrow View Post
                                Looks really good. Nice work.
                                x2!!!!!
                                Blair
                                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                                X