X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GingerBeef
    replied
    Re: My Ginster Mk3

Tiny update... got the block ready for its new headgasket.

Leave a comment:

• GingerBeef
    replied

Hmm.. guess i should update this...

So a week and a half later from the last post, the engine was out.

The week after that i started ordering some parts (Thanks Natty!), de-wriring, de-accesorising and cleaning up the engine. F*cked up the timing cause i forgot to check it before i took the head off... so ill have to retime the motor from scratch when i put it back together... but anywho.

Kept on getting comments about how weird everything was.. lol. Inline-V 6 for the win!?
    took more stuff off...

and.. parts arrived! Yay! (Thanks Natty!, again!)

Annnddd... that takes us to today.
    Had a bit of a photoshoot after school.

Last edited by GingerBeef; 10-21-2014, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GingerBeef
    replied

Originally posted by arrowhead View Post
    Fyi, you're losing power with that cone filter, if you use the stock one and cut out some of the bottom area (lots of guides online) you'll see more power. Or at least get a heat shield for that bad boy
    Im aware of the hot air intake Planning to fab up some sort of heatshield.

Leave a comment:

• kujiwara
    replied

Originally posted by arrowhead View Post
    Fyi, you're losing power with that cone filter, if you use the stock one and cut out some of the bottom area (lots of guides online) you'll see more power. Or at least get a heat shield for that bad boy
    I told him that until I heard his intake while driving it...

Leave a comment:

• arrowhead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GingerBeef
    replied

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
    It needs a turbo
    No way man! I'd supercharge it!

Well, today the tear down begun! This is where she'll sit all winter.

and as soon as she got settled in we tore her face off!

Last edited by GingerBeef; 09-05-2014, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Geobmx4life
    replied

It needs a turbo

Leave a comment:

• GingerBeef
    replied

Originally posted by Fizzo20 View Post
    Know the brand? Or any details?
    Looks to be a custom straightpipe, no branding whatsoever. I also have Raceland headers, no cat, no res. Just one muffler at the end.

Leave a comment:

• Fizzo20
    replied

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
    PNP Specialé
    Know the brand? Or any details?

Leave a comment:

• kujiwara
    replied

Originally posted by Fizzo20 View Post
    What exhaust is on the car in that video?
    PNP Specialé

Leave a comment:

• Fizzo20
    replied

What exhaust is on the car in that video?

Leave a comment:

• GingerBeef
    replied

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
    Sorry to hear about thatJason.....You're going to have the motor out?????? Time for some BOOST while you're at it!!!
    Yup! Part of my schools Mechanics 301 curriculum is to pull an engine and change the gaskets and stuff.. figured id just do it on mine cause its all gammy anyways instead of working on some crusty Civic. No way in hell ill have the cash for some boost haha! I wish!

Oh, and exhaust vid! Mk3 12Vs for the win!

Last edited by GingerBeef; 09-02-2014, 08:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Geobmx4life
    replied

Sorry to hear about thatJason.....You're going to have the motor out?????? Time for some BOOST while you're at it!!!

Leave a comment:

• GingerBeef
    replied

So, a few weeks ago my car suddenly made this horrible grinding noise everytime the engine was under alot of load (so, 1-2nd gear mostly or flooring it) Dad or I could not for the life of us figure out what it was... we guessed everything from axle, to control arm rubbing, transmission, diff etc etc but nothing made sense. Heres a short vid my dad took of it.

So.. we limped the car to Matt's (from CAW) garage... he didnt even make it out of his back alley before he said motor mount(s) were toast... didnt really make sense to me either, but one does not question Matt, that man is magic. So, bought some BFI stage1 mounts are we were on our way. (Thanks Matt!)

While investigating i discovered that the culprit was indeed the motor mount.

You can see that the one tab was bent about 90 degrees, then tore off and on the other end the little bung welded to the tab was torn off violently. Pure motor mount carnage lol.

as for the grinding sound... yeah, that was my crank pulley grinding into my frame rail.. in retrospect it did sound awfully like an angle grinder..

Now, it has come to my attention that most of you guys still havnt seen this car yet and there is no proof it actually exists
    Sadly, y'all wont be seeing it for a while, the cars been removed from insurance as the car will be spending all winter in the school shop where i will be pulling the motor, and changing every single one of those leaky gaskets (my block from the head down is caked in grease). While everythings apart i'll also be sorting out my frame rail, doing the timing chain, headgasket, possibly taking the tranny apart to take a look and camming/building the head if my financial situation allows.

Till then, ill be enjoying my new car! (not the EvoIV, that was written off by insurance due to some shipping damages ) but the new cars a euro! Should be a fun winter... see you soon!

Leave a comment:

• Canadian Turbo
    replied

The car does look really good, nice work on bringing back some MK3 glory!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X