• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ponto
    replied
    Re: My Ginster Mk3 Build

Some local inspiration as well... Well ok Edmonton - Turbo Vr too! haha

The black textured look is nice too! Looking forward to seeing more progress!

Leave a comment:

• Mcrow
    replied

Looks a lot better already. What is the build? Or are you just cleaning it up?

Leave a comment:

• Canadian Turbo
    replied

I gather something like this with the textured top bumpers....(upholding your preferred view too Pat!)

Leave a comment:

• P Arkus
    replied

Here's some inspiration for you Jason

Ok, i'm done whoring MK3's. Sorry haha

Edit: Also just realized apparently MK3's only have one good angle. Front driver side
    Last edited by P Arkus; 03-10-2014, 10:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Danaldson
    replied

i personally really dont like mk3's but good luck and sweet stuff for cleaning it up!

Leave a comment:

• GINCH
    replied

x3. Thank you for returning it to its former glory! Love MK3's!!!!

Leave a comment:

• P Arkus
    replied

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
    I like where this is going!!! MK3s are probably still my favorite so I can support this project for sure!!!
    X2. Still have a huge soft spot for clean MK3's!

Leave a comment:

• Canadian Turbo
    replied

I like where this is going!!! MK3s are probably still my favorite so I can support this project for sure!!!

Leave a comment:

• GingerBeef
    replied

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
    It's funny how you take awesome pics WITH camera for my cars but NOT for yours lol! Can't wait to get it painted! Dragons and racing stripes right?
    LOL cause your car was one colour (more or less).

Leave a comment:

• kujiwara
    replied

It's funny how you take awesome pics WITH camera for my cars but NOT for yours lol! Can't wait to get it painted! Dragons and racing stripes right?

Leave a comment:

• Ur0Drivr
    replied

Good to see you trying to restore the Mk3 to a "no rice" status. Welcome!!!

Sent from my perch atop Mount Olympus

Leave a comment:

• GingerBeef
    started a topic My Ginster Mk3

My Ginster Mk3

Hello all! My name is Jason and I am 16 years old. This is my first car, a 1997 GTI VR6 Driver's Edition. Its painted about 4 different shades of "ginster" yellow, it looks like balls and its missing a few pieces here and there but Ive pretty much been in love with this car since my brother first brought her home around 8 years ago.

Sadly over time the styling went from baller status to rice rocket very quickly. And those swag hood pins rusted right through the hood (hence the black hood). After a few years my brother moved on to bigger and better things and this car found its ways into my dads hands, who didnt really care about what it looked like. But he made sure to maintain her religiously, so ive got that going for me.
    Now, this car is mine and i am going to treat it the way i think it deserves to be treated. There isnt enough Mk3 love on this forum..

So, today i officially started my chapter of this cars life, with the heavy fibreglass bumpers violently torn from my car i installed my Canada spec texture top bumpers. These bumpers took a ridiculous amount of time to find but i wanted real texture tops in the NA shape. (Rare Canada spec parts for the win, eh!). Totally worth it. I also finally got to replace that dumb grille for a 3 piece GTI grille.

sorry for the crappy cell pics but i didnt feel like using the real camera today...

My future plans are to:
    -loose that Zender wing
    -Replace the lights
    -repaint by the end of this month (hopefully)
    -and some cool euro parts (youll see)
    -have fun and really make this car mine, one step at a time

Thanks to Jerry (Kujiwara) for bringing me here from DD and CVD, didnt know this forum existed.
    Let me know what you guys think!
    Last edited by GingerBeef; 12-14-2015, 08:10 PM.
Working...
X