Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another build thread. B6 avant. WHY NOT!!!! sorry..build Story not thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another build thread. B6 avant. WHY NOT!!!! sorry..build Story not thread...

Then once together sand like a mother to get it smooth.
    Tonight I'll file in the finger grooves and finish sanding...hopefully apply the first couple coats of stain....my first wheel...next one will be better...if I spent the 80$ to get the proper sized round over bit it would have looked nicer but then I may aswell have just bought a nardi.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410797651909.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	511838Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410797667153.jpg
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	511839

I call it the Jordi wheel..made in little Italy

Comment

Re: Another build thread. B6 avant. WHY NOT!!!! sorry..build Story not thread...

That looks pretty cool!
      --
      Rod
      Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
      2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Now you need some exhaust!! Your car is so much fun with the airbags, me and Bass were playing in it lol

Comment

Coat number 1Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410966584291.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	511840

Comment

Cool wheel, would look great in an old school vw, not sure if it will flow with B6 interior. Nice work non the less
            Current: 2012 VW GTI
            Previous: 2002 Audi A4 Avant
            1998 VW GTI VR6

Comment

This is step one.I'm gonna do this and a few other things. My hopes and goal is to try flow the hardwood, copper lines, chrome fittings and pearl white from the tank setup through to the front of the car.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it all come together!!
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

well..i can almost see the end....

mounted it today.
                  I had to drill holes in the center ring to accommodate the nrg hub adapter...which also had to be modified.....who woulda known.....
                  still have to let the polyurethane cure for a couple more days and then ill buff it up and polish the center.
                  Also the horn cap doesnt fit over the bolts since the nrg hub adapter holes were larger than i anticipated...oh well i will figure something out there...so no horn for a while...but ITS ON...not exactly what I expected but still very happy with it. Especially since it didn't run the price of a Nardi and I made it all (minus the center portion) myself.
                  not really sure it it suits the b6 interior..maybe if I had a tan interior instead of dark grey it would be better.
                  On to the next thing

Comment

also for Mr Avant....depo headlights had some moisture inside the other morning...Nothing crazy.. they call "moisture" droplets/puddles of water... i had fogging condensation...still 1/3rd the price of OEM.

Comment

I think that wheel would look sweet if you had wood trim
                      Current: 2012 VW GTI
                      Previous: 2002 Audi A4 Avant
                      1998 VW GTI VR6

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead View Post
                        I think that wheel would look sweet if you had wood trim
                        It goes well with the hardwood trunk set up
                        Martin
                        I.G. @mferrariomk5
                        Slow MK5 GTI
                        Basic B8 S4

Comment

quick update with this car.
                          removed the motor, started cleanin up the engine bay a little. removed the a/c, never really used it anyways

My ever so amateurish welding skills. Can't wait for the body filler to smooth things over.

finally gonna take care of those stupid embarrassing holes for the upper control arms. Got some work done on the passenger side tonight, seamed the two peices together nicely, now to just build a cover. No pics tho.

Wishing I didn't have to remove the abs module for this. would be a lot easier.

Also, theres a set of these x5 wheels in calgary. I'm just debating on whether to get them or not seeing as how the rear wheels would never be able to tuck and there goes the lows.

but how bad ass do they look. Unfortunately as well it has already been done quite a bit.
                          Opinions regarding the wheels? go for it, hold off for something with a higher offset????

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the bay done up! B6s have decently neat bays already, smoothing everything out will look awesome.
                            Not a huge fan of the wheels. The fitment in that picture is pretty good though. If you like them pick them up!
                            Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

Do you have and if not, are you looking for the remote control system for the e level? I have one left over from my system.

Comment

I would rock those wheels in a heartbeat... They'd look good on my b7 avant...
                                Last edited by BolideVW; 02-10-2015, 12:59 AM.
                                Dylan

Comment

Working...
                                X