Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another build thread. B6 avant. WHY NOT!!!! sorry..build Story not thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another build thread. B6 avant. WHY NOT!!!! sorry..build Story not thread...

Wheels of that style would be really nice, especially if they were finished in a nice OEM silver or slight variant.

Comment

Re: Another build thread. B6 avant. WHY NOT!!!! sorry..build Story not thread...

always liked thoese wheels. I have some adapters you should buy off me for them

Comment

Originally posted by Shoppingcart111 View Post
        Do you have and if not, are you looking for the remote control system for the e level? I have one left over from my system.
        no not looking. i don't have the e-level only switchspeed. thanks anyways.

Edothug - if I end up grabbing them I will for sure be talkin to you for those spacers.

Quick update im pretty stoked about.

near finished passenger side cover for notch, wasn't too happy at first because it looked out of place being all boxy and what not but then made a little cover so the raintray faux firewall will be full right to the end. turned out pretty wicked in my opinon..but im biased so...

Just got inside and wanted to get these pics up. Pretty excited about how it turned out so here

I welded in a strip of 1" or so steel and had a bit of it underneath and was able to fold it over nice and tight. Actually suprised at how well it worked out.

better pictures will be coming once its a little cleaner and more presentable....ie the amazing welds....
        The front nose peice that sticks out into engine bay actually fits quite well and doesn't look too out of place.

hurray...almost done welding. Just the driver side notch to cover and one more hole to fill and i'm ready for body filler!!
        CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!

Comment

Got the driver side notch cover done. Now time to clean everything. Then filler then go time

Comment

Well it has been a long time since I updated. I haven't worked on the car really since april.
            House work got in the way again, Lots of mountain biking and just plainly not interested in working on cars after work.
            The other thing too is I needed new tires since both front tires were done. One the sidewall split and the other, was just a matter of seconds before doing the same.

But I finally got over my hump. I found a new set of wheels thanks to a fellow eurodrivers member.

Just yesterday I finally bled the brakes and took it for a drive down the alley. (didnt have insurance on it yet).

Tomorow the tires are getting put on and the wheels are getting mounted

When I was filling in the holes for the UCA notch I massaged the body a little more, Removed some excess material from a few places and managed to get the front end even lower than before. I will snap a pic and show it tomorow.

For those of you who may have seen my request for a raintray cover you can see why it would be nice to have. To have a nice factory cover over all that would like extremely clean. I have been racking my brain to see what I can find to maybe make something but the hard part is going to have it look reasonably nice......I may break down and buy new oem but damn I just don't want to spend the money after the wheels/tires.

Unfortunately I waited so long to do all this and never got around to other things I had planned for the car. **** I am gonna be happy i atleast drove the damn thing before the snow falls....

I'll have some more pics tomorow with the new wheels on.

Comment

also...Random b6 parts for sale to follow as soon as i get my Sh!t together. A/c condenser, compressor, air box, engine cover, coolant expansion tank, etc etc etc

Comment

ahh so you bought them. If you are ever thinking about selling them or wanting to trade for a set of black mt-10's let me know. (they are the exact same specs as the ones you just bought)
                Last edited by Danaldson; 08-12-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

I'll have a look around for my old rain tray but chances it's still around are about 30:70
                  Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                  Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                  Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

update:
                    Well havent updated in awhile, Have done a few things.
                    During the part out of that white avant I harvested some parts, traded and purchased. Emerged with a magnflow exhaust kit, cts turbo downpipe, tt225 injectors. Put the exhaust on last week with the downpipe and today I got the car tuned with unitronics stage 2. Pretty nice little improvement to the speed. I like it.
                    Also swapped some parts for a FMIC that I have yet to put on. Come on its winter, you'd think the factor smic should keep up with outside temps in the negatives.
                    plus I think since doing the engine bay clean up and having the intake going behind the fog light grill it may interfere with the FMIC piping so I may try taking an old headlight and doing the headlight intake mod as well. Just for fun. See how it turns out.

Also got an extra fishscale trim and did the brushed aluminum mod and am pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Doing the exhaust I noticed with the smaller 16" for winters when aired out the front subframe now lays on the ground thanks to the Upper control arm notches

also started trying to smooth the rear bumper and fill in the exhaust cutouts.
                    Unfortunately I started this before I got the exhaust kit and now that I have the 4" tips I like the look of it. DAMN!!!!! I'd like to find an S4 rear bumper.

The front bumper headlight washers and towhook covers are done, just waiting to get a new front valence to smooth in. Thinking about it I'd like to get the usp valence. Just ....waiting.....

Haven't had many issues yet with air ride in the winter, Have some SMC check valves on order to replace the factory viair ones, plus I may redo the hardline setup. I don't like that I have the water traps between the compressors and tank rather than between the tank and valve assembly. One of those what was i thinking moments.
                    Trying to be diligent about draining the traps.

Next up on the chopping block is to smooth out that white rear hatch sitting there. I have seen one pic on the net of a silver one that I can never seem to find again. Always takes me 20 mins of searching. I don't know if Im in love with it but I want to do it anyway. If I don't like it ill just Remove it and sell it. I'm sure someone would pay money for that.

Comment

Guys name was michgo on audizine I'm pretty sure. He got a lot of crap for doing that back in the day

Pat

His
                      1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                      1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                      1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                      2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                      Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

thanks, found it. ya....looks out of place....like something is missing,
                        like a face with no nose

hmm...

Comment

^^

Comment

worked on it a bit lately

dipped it last thursday.

How can you argue, $280 to dip a car. (solid matte colour atleast) as much as I would love a real paint job. I could not justify paying for it on a car thats only worth 3000-6000 depending, this one with all its butchered glory on the lower end of the scale.
                            I like how it turned out. have heard a lot of both sides with the colour. some like it some don't ,hey buddy i see you primed your car, when you gonna paint it....oh that's the colour you chose......

Might change after a while. At least I already have a base set.

Against most peoples judgement (my own included) I ended up shaving the rear hatch, looked at Mitchgo's build from awhile back and couldn't decide if I liked it or not. Had a spare hatch laying around so went to town on it

Maybe its the hours, sweat, blood, mostly tears I have in to it but I like it. More so when its aired out. Not as much as when it is at ride height. Maybe thats why I didn't like mitchgo's. And hopefully if I ever get some better front tires and spacers I'll have the fenders sit on the rim and with that extra poke it will help to look better. Also would like to get a b7 rear valence. bit more black to break up all that solid colour in the rear. need to source a high mount light. Lets just say it didn't come out easily.........and it broke.....many times over....

Spent tonight tinting an extra set of tails I have and laid couple coats of clear. Tomorrow I will wet sand and polish them.

blended the front bumper and valence and filled washer and tow hook covers

Really like how that turned out.

Now just a few things on a shopping list, getting pretty close to having it where i'd like it

drivers seat cushion and back are cracked......badly. I never see it because when you get in on the drivers side can't see it much then your sitting on it. The other day I went to grab something from pass side and holy crap have they opened up.

Vent boost gauge(would be nice)

have a spare headliner and all upper pillars downstairs, been debating redoing it in micro suede or something. Would just need to deal with visors, grab handles, sunroof moulding, vanity light things. Whether it's source an s4 or try painting them.

some new tires and spacers for the fronts would be nice. would love to have the poke when aired out so the fenders sit on the rims.
                            18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rears, went with 215/40/18 all around and do not like the lack of stretch on the fronts. I they don't make 205/40/18 in that tire make and model but they do have 205/35/18, just worried I'm gonna order those, the stretch will be good but there won't be near as much sidewall and they will look too small in that wheel well. Just nervous to pull the trigger.

rear window on the spare hatch I shaved had no tint, I kinda like it. Makes me wanna pull the tint off the rest of the windows. Again just worried i'm gonna do it, regret it and spend the time and effort putting it back on. thoughts??

oh and one crappy thing. Rolled up the window on the way home and near the top I can hear cable crunch...gonna need a new regulator real soon I imagine. Good thing I have a spare.

Comment

I love it honestly! Great work, wanna dip my jetta?

Comment

I love the dip job and I think takes your car up to another level!
                                KR
                                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                                X