Comment

Re: Adrian's 03 GLI

mmmmmm vrsex.
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Sounds great. Anyone that wants some DeadCat Fir for microphone windscreens on their SLRS, point and shoot or even smart phones just pm me. I have lots.

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
          Sounds great. Anyone that wants some DeadCat Fir for microphone windscreens on their SLRS, point and shoot or even smart phones just pm me. I have lots.
          So you've been the one mutilating those cats in calagry :P

Comment

Cats? Not all cat fir comes from cats . Stuff this lush has not been seen since the 70's....oops think i may have crossed a line.

Comment

Nothings really happening to the car till I park it for winter, some of you may have heard that I'm gathering up money for air ride. Before that happens I have to take care of my engine, I'm losing compression in the top 3 cylinders, and I have oil sweat around the head gasket... So that needs to be done and I thought that if I'm there I might as well do the timing chains too. I know its going to be a big job but I have all of winter to do it as long as I can find a beater. The engine will be coming out so I can have more room, but I do have a couple questions... I'm looking at replacing the piston rings and I was wondering if I should replace the bearings too, and also how good Grant and Glyco products are?

Also here's a picture of the cut off from the $30 projectors that I retrofitted on my car, Now only if the last owner didn't buy tinted lenses they'd be a lot brighter :/

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Gli
              2009 Audi S5

Instagram : Adrian.Cocis

Comment

Small update... Ordered a timing chain kit, head gasket set, head bolt set and a Porsche oil cap which is all gonna be here soon . In the mean time I broke my headlights... I was stupid enough to use a drill to raise the headlights cause I was too impatient lol. I've been driving with the headlights pointing 2 meters in front of my car for the past couple weeks cause I didn't have time to do anything about them, so tonight I fixed them. I took the headlights all apart again took a few zip ties and a drill... again..took it for a test drive and I can actually see! Lesson learned... Be Patient

Don't mind the potato picture quality

Before

Zip tie in 2 corners of the headlight

After

2009 Audi S5

Comment

That's more like it! Now get on some mountain roads while you still can.
                  Josh

2006 Jetta TDI (DSG)
                  decent amount of (little) cosmetic mods
                  Colt stage II cam
                  PD150 Injectors
                  Darkside GTB1749V
                  Malone stage 5 (dynamic Idle and EGR delete)
                  Malone DSG tune
                  H&R coilovers
                  Panzer skidplate
                  OEM LED Tail lights.
                  OEM style projector headlights with e46 (clear lens) projector swap

2008 ford Ranger 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by jjtoutt View Post
                    That's more like it! Now get on some mountain roads while you still can.
                    Thats why i fixed them haha, going on a trip to fernie and montana this week so i need good lights.
                    2009 Audi S5

Comment

• Re: Adrian's 03 GLI

Picked up the parts that I need for this winter, also bought an old alberta plate!

2009 Audi S5

Comment

Also a 1973! My Rover has the same year except yours looks pristine!
                        Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
                          Also a 1973! My Rover has the same year except yours looks pristine!
                          Nice! It was really dirty when I bought it, I got it just cause I thought it looked cool but didn't think it was in such good condition!
                          2009 Audi S5

Comment

Does anyone here know if swapping the rear brakes from the 232mm to the 256mm needs modification? I will have the rotors,pads, and calipers with carriers but is there anything else that I need? Also is it okay to swap the rear instead of the fronts first? Most people do the fronts first..
                            2009 Audi S5

Comment

Everything you just listed sounds right to me.

Id say doing your rears first is fine... unless im missing something i cant see an issue.
                              Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                              ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                              PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

That should be it for the swap, and should be easy enough to do. Just make sure to turn the rear pistons when compressing them is my only warning, not sure how many integrated brake/ebrake calipers you have worked with before.
                                No harm in doing the rears before the fronts, rather in this case it may make sense to do the rears first because it is a much bigger upgrade going from solid to vented rotors than going from 288->312 in the front.

Comment

Working...
                                X