Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with minerva tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone have experience with minerva tires?

Originally posted by 96vwVR6 View Post
    who's guessing? and why "MUST" it be within +/-3% of OEM ? worst case senario is the tires rub and the speedo isnt correct. Theres no "MUST BE" in the tire industry, theres recommended. only tire shop i know that doesnt alter tire size is Costco.
    Hey bud, I think you'll find the thread below helpful... jump down to Post #29 for the basic idea behind why you do need to keep rolling diameter within about 3%.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...nt-With-Wheels
    Work - houzz / linkedin
    Play - haldex swap

Comment

Anyone have experience with minerva tires?

Originally posted by All_Euro View Post
      Hey bud, I think you'll find the thread below helpful... jump down to Post #29 for the basic idea behind why you do need to keep rolling diameter within about 3%.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...nt-With-Wheels
      That's rolling diameters for each wheel on the car. Not the difference between my oem wheel set up, and let's say a 20 inch wheel set up.

It's similar to what I had to watch out for when running a staggered set up on my r32
      Last edited by Danaldson; 09-18-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

On any AWD system all 4 tires need to be within that range .. ^The Volvo is the same (haldex system ) doesn't matter if you up size tires as long as all 4 are within spec .
        12 Volvo XC 90
        03 Jetta1.8T
        95 Cabrio VRT
        90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Well this site's review of an OEM R32 shows it had the same tire size on aristos. I think it will be fine.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...olkswagen_r32/

Comment

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
            That's rolling diameters for each wheel on the car. Not the difference between my oem wheel set up, and let's say a 20 inch wheel set up.

It's similar to what I had to watch out for when running a staggered set up on my r32

That's exactly the point - different wheel diameters, widths and sidewall heights factor into the rolling diameter, which has to be within spec. That was why the original point was made to not guess and check a calculator... and be sure you're within about 3%.
            Work - houzz / linkedin
            Play - haldex swap

Comment

Originally posted by All_Euro View Post
              That's exactly the point - different wheel diameters, widths and sidewall heights factor into the rolling diameter, which has to be within spec. That was why the original point was made to not guess and check a calculator... and be sure you're within about 3%.
              Well Pry4sno said it needed to be within 3%of oem which didn't make any sense. But yeah I already knew the rolling diameters had to be within that percentage.

Comment

Well Pry4sno said it needed to be within 3%of oem which didn't make any sense. But yeah I already knew the rolling diameters had to be within that percentage.
                Ok, I think the three of us are talking about the same thing then. My response was mostly to the comment I originally quoted anyway.

Back to your original topic - most of us have no experience with Minerva tires so, if that's what you went with, be sure to post up initial impressions and ideally a follow up when you've had a chance to assess wear and varying conditions.

Cheers
                Work - houzz / linkedin
                Play - haldex swap

Comment

Thanks. I'm gonna get suspension installed and then pick them up. I'll post up my review.

Comment

What I meant was the tires' outside rolling diameter needs to be within 3% of the between front and rear. Plug in your tire sizes to that calculator to make sure they're kosher.
                    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                      What I meant was the tires' outside rolling diameter needs to be within 3% of the between front and rear. Plug in your tire sizes to that calculator to make sure they're kosher.
                      Ahh IC that clears it up

Comment

Working...
                      X