Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windshield Replacement

Originally posted by All_Euro View Post
    Nice, how much did it cost for the tools... pretty straightforward?
    I worked at a shop at the time so i had access to all the tools . The one tool though is $15, then you need an exacto knife with a really long blade support thingy. If you want to go all out and you have a jig saw, i think you can buy the extractor attachment and blade for ~$50.

Pretty easy to do, just take your time, providing you dont have a crazy rain sensor or something?
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
      I worked at a shop at the time so i had access to all the tools . The one tool though is $15, then you need an exacto knife with a really long blade support thingy. If you want to go all out and you have a jig saw, i think you can buy the extractor attachment and blade for ~$50.

Pretty easy to do, just take your time, providing you dont have a crazy rain sensor or something?
      Ah, nice way to learn how to do it. I need to replace my windsheild but this one will go through insurance as I added glass last time I renewed... add-on policy for low dough.

However, I have a feeling they'll weasel their way out of getting me an OEM screen... so I'll try to pay the difference and then opt out of the policy next year and just do it myself next time it needs replacing... using your fancy technique

Oh ya, no rain sensor but I want one.
      Work - houzz / linkedin
      Play - haldex swap

Comment

Not sure if he still has it but late last season newfie-veedub on DD had a brand new OEM windshield for a jetta and offered to install It for me for 250.

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
          Not sure if he still has it but late last season newfie-veedub on DD had a brand new OEM windshield for a jetta and offered to install It for me for 250.
          Newfie = right way auto glass.

Another bonus to add about him, he comes to you.
          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

When I had the last windsheild on my Jetta done, the Sekurit (OEM) glass was not that much more, maybe $50 tops. I have never been fond of the mystery glass so I will always go oem.

I used Payless glass, over by Rudy's and they were good. IIRC it was ~$275, but I didnt pay. My wife's school paid after some kid kicked a soccer ball through it.

A
            www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Right Way / Newfie-veedub / Aaron - Really f*cked up my weekend. Dealt with him all week about meeting up Saturday (I drove from Golden) to get a windshield (just the windshield, not installed). We agreed on 5pm. Called from 2pm on, wouldn't answer my calls, return my voicemails or answer texts. Still no word from him today and now I have to wait another week to get my OOP inspection done while I wait to order a windshield tomorrow. Sh*tty way to run a business.
              Al
              Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

Working...
              X