Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FYI: 94 octane Medicine Hat

Originally posted by stuvy View Post
    Traditionally Mohawk/husky was blended with ethanol. Shell (or anyone else) wasn't. However that is no longer the case as almost all other now run some sort of ethanol in their fuels. Ethanol although good for octane ratings isn't as good for fuel economy.
    This is interesting - news to me!

In response to the octane rating differences… it's either 94 octane or it isn't. Meth is an additive too but legitimately increases octane nonetheless.
    Work - houzz / linkedin
    Play - haldex swap

Comment

Shell still has a sticker on every pump that says their 91 octane contains no ethanol. Ethanol in your fuel will cause slightly more wear and tear on your fuel system from what I have heard, not sure if its gospel though.

In medicine hat, all husky's have 94oct. I still fill exclusively with shell 91 due to the lack of ethanol as well as better mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by danosaur View Post
        Shell still has a sticker on every pump that says their 91 octane contains no ethanol. Ethanol in your fuel will cause slightly more wear and tear on your fuel system from what I have heard, not sure if its gospel though.

In medicine hat, all husky's have 94oct. I still fill exclusively with shell 91 due to the lack of ethanol as well as better mileage.
        Well there you have it. Boom goes the dynamite!
        2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS. Daily. Far from stock.

2001.5 Audi S4. Billet rs6 and everything else. FOR SALE. $6500
        Need this car sold.

1960 Ford Falcon.

Comment

Originally posted by danosaur View Post

+1. I used Husky 94 for a while in the GLI then went back to V-Power. I also tried Petro 94 for a while in the GTI and noticed the same thing, so again I went back to V-Power.
          Scott
          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

I notice a big difference in performance between shell 91 vs husky 94.
            Husky gas makes me smile just a bit more.
            ~~TODD~~
            '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

I prefer shell 91 over husky 94. I get wicked mileage on shell and my chip likes shell gas over husky. Or so it feels.
              Mitch

1996 Harlequin
              2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Interesting to hear how differently people's cars/setups respond to one fuel or the other… at the end of the day it's just whatever works best for you. I really wish we had E85 though!
                Work - houzz / linkedin
                Play - haldex swap

Comment

Yup i used to use husky 94 religiously, switched over to shell 91 and i get better economy and power it seems. Tons of factors can affect this i know, however tracking it over the course of years i have determined that shell 91 is better for my car and driving style
                  I even tried Petro 94 and it doesn't seem to be much different than husky 94, i was disappointed :(

Comment

Working...
                  X