R32 km Gauge Faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R32 km Gauge Faces

Thanks for the gauges I love them it looks awesome!

Comment

I was working with two companies on these gauge faces, I thought the first company lost my request or was not going to deliver, but eventually came through and delivered another set of faces. They have a different manufacturing process than the first, there are no icon's visible on the faces without a light on behind. Otherwise same deal as the other faces I have, single km scale, international symbols for park brake/cruise and temperature in Celsius.

Last edited by RobG; 05-30-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

That looks really good, definitely something I would do if I was lucky enough to own an R32. The MPH gauges would drive me mad
        Levi.W
        78 BMW 635CSi - Project
        91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

Third faces sold. Thanks Ivan, love the DBP .:R's

Comment

Thanks very much Rob!
            They are great!

Comment

Wow - I'm just seeing this. Gauges look awesome!

Would love to do the same for my GLI as it's a US car. I mean… I can read the tiny little km/h numbers just fine... but it's pretty ghetto compared to these
              Work - houzz / linkedin
              Play - haldex swap

Comment

I was working with two shops on these, Xtuners from Bulgaria and Black Custom Automotive from Niagara Falls, both delivered great products. Send off a couple emails and I'm sure you find what you are looking for. If you need a hand with the install let me know, I'm getting pretty good at it.

http://xtuners.com

http://www.blackcatcustom.ca/

This is a different approach, but seeing as the needles can be installed in any orientation, who says 0km has to be the bottom left?

Last edited by RobG; 05-30-2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

That's fricken sweet! I've actually always wondered if anyone has done this mod. You did a damn good job! Looks OEM; would love to see em in person.
                  Wow that R23 cluster is pretty sweet too! Kinda reminds me of the R35 GTR speedo that starts on the bottom right hand side.

Originally posted by RobG View Post
                  Here they are installed, took a bit of fussing with the Vagcom to get the needles to park at the 3000rpm, 100km/h, 1/2 tank and the 90deg mark.
                  One question, why does VW make the needles park at said values? Isn't that less accurate? Is there away to make the needles display the actual values in realtime, just so that they're theoretically more accurate? Say you're going down a hill at 100km/h and let off the gas so the rpm stays the same but the speed climbs. Would the needles still park at those values until you hit, say, 105km/h?
                  -Faraaz

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzo20 View Post
                    Why does VW make the needles park at said values? Isn't that less accurate? Is there away to make the needles display the actual values in realtime, just so that they're theoretically more accurate?
                    When you hook up the vagcom and go to output tests, the needles do a full sweep, then park at the predetermined values. The needles can be placed at any location and the exact resting zero point is hard to judge so someone decided on 3000rpm and 100km. It's a way of ensuring that when the vehicle speed sensor says the car is traveling at 100km/h, the needles reflect that exact value.

Comment

Thanks for posting the company links Rob! You mentioned, "… there are no icon's visible on the faces without a light on behind." Which company is which?
                      Work - houzz / linkedin
                      Play - haldex swap

Comment

Xtuners:

Blackcat Customs:

Comment

Originally posted by RobG View Post
                          Awesome! FWIW... I'll pass on the R23 Kompressor... but sign me up for a VW/MERC/AMG R32 Kompressor.
                          Rob
                          Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                          Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Working...
                          X