Welcome Cosmos Collision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Cosmos Collision

Wow, I am just overwhelmed with your responses! Thank you again, Guy.

The main reason I wanted to do this column was to share my passion for German vehicles with others. I've also read some inaccurate information regarding body work and detailing, so I'd like to help clear up any confusions people have.

First, an introduction. I am a licensed auto body technican (and painter by trade) who has been in the auto body business for 25 years. I am currently driving a Porsche Boxster, an Audi A4, and a Mercedes E 320 Bluetec, so I can understand the concerns you have about your cars.

My other passion is photography. I am also an avid collector of watches.

In everything that I do, I always ask myself this question: Is this best that I can do, and can I do even better?

I will be posting on various topics pertaining to body work and detailing. I hope that you will find them useful.

Comment

Hello GTI Canadian,
      If you can take the spoiler off yourself, I can smooth the texture out and paint for $200.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmos View Post
        I am currently driving a Porsche Boxster, an Audi A4, and a Mercedes E 320 Bluetec, so I can understand the concerns you have about your cars.

My other passion is photography. I am also an avid collector of watches.
        You should fit in very well here!!
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I wonder if he will paint my new parts I have coming in for a good price.
          Reggie Mah | MWDesign Technik Sales Representative
          Europrojektz NW Chapter Member
          reggie@mwdesigntechnik.com

Comment

We have delt with Loc for a long time and I can't say anything bad about him or his work. He has always been Awesome!

For Loc: This is Davey from South Centre Fine Cars. Welcome to the forum!!
            Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
            You dig sucka?!

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie@MWDesign View Post
              I wonder if he will paint my new parts I have coming in for a good price.
              Hi Reggie, I am not set this up looking for work, but please do come and see me , I am planning to give other members a good deal any way.

Comment

I started using Menzerna, Black fire wax, and Connolly leather cleaner on my customer's vehicles, but I need some feedback. Any one interested in trying them out on a hood or trunk (for free) can come to my shop this Saturday Mar 28th from 9:30 to 2:00 pm to try them out.

There's also free use of rim and tire cleaner and degreaser.

Comment

what are your hours like?? i have a few things i need looked at. thanks dan

Comment

Loc,

Menzerna is supposed to be excellent. Never tried Black Fire Wax but I just received by Wolfgang Fuzion so I can't wait for summer to try it out. Swissvax is also supposed to be phenomenal.

David

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                      what are your hours like?? i have a few things i need looked at. thanks dan
                      8 to 5 and some Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by dave335 View Post
                        Loc,

Menzerna is supposed to be excellent. Never tried Black Fire Wax but I just received by Wolfgang Fuzion so I can't wait for summer to try it out. Swissvax is also supposed to be phenomenal.

David
                        Hi David, I always looking for the best so I am going to try Swiss Wax, where can I get them ? So far I like Black Fire better than Harley Davidson's and last much longer too.

Comment

Hi Loc,

DetailersDomain sells Swissvax. The link is as follows:

http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...TS&Category=93

You will see that it is $$$$. Swissvax Crystal Rock is $1,100 but there are some less expensive ones as well ~ $140. I will let you know how Wolfgang Fuzion turns out. The durability is supposed to be excellent and it should look very wet. I have been a Zaino follower since 2003 but I am always looking for something to coat the Zaino. P21S has worked well and so has Meguiars #16. It is amazing how good Meguiars #16 is and the cost is only $21.79 from Eshine.ca.

Wolfgang Fuzion retails for $224 (with 1 free refill at eshine.ca), however, Autogeek is selling them 2 for $100 USD since their last batch was frozen during transit. This does not impact the quality of the wax as with any paste wax, there is cracking that occurs. If you were closer to Edmonton, I would gladly let you try some to see how you like it.

Here are some pics from Autopia.org of Wolfgang Fuzion in action:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...-fuzion-2.html

Are you using P21S as your wheel cleaner? P21S Total Auto Wash is supposed to be great as an all-around cleaner for engine detailing, wheel wheels etc.

Leather Master is a great leather cleaner/conditioners. I have also enjoyed Lexol as well.

David

Comment

thanks Loc,

Yah I will just need someone to do some body part installs for me.
                            I will come by and show you.
                            Reggie Mah | MWDesign Technik Sales Representative
                            Europrojektz NW Chapter Member
                            reggie@mwdesigntechnik.com

Comment

Hi Dave, Thanks for the information , I am going to order some Swiss wax. Blackfire Midnight sun last a long time, on my Mercedes after 15 washes it still shine.

Comment

Loc,

Let me know how it works for you. If I come down to Calgary, I will drop off some Wolfgang Fuzion for you so you can try it out. Do you use a rotary or Porter Cable 7424? I started using a 7424 about two years ago but it would be great to get some tips from an expert like yourself. I found that you needed a machine to take out swirls as the Zaino was just hiding it but not removing it. I hear that Mezerna is great for taking out the imperfections and then you can use Zaino for your sealant and top it off with the finest Carnuba over that. I presume that the Zaino is similar to the Harley Davidson stuff.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X