New 911 GT3 (991)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 911 GT3 (991)

Porsche has officially unveiled the 911 GT3.

Described as an impressive leap forward, the GT3 closely resembles the standard 911 but is distinguished by an aggressive front fascia with spoilers and optional LED headlights. Moving further back, there's widened rear fenders, extended side skirts and a fixed rear wing. Last but not least, the car has been equipped with a new rear bumper, a center-mounted dual exhaust system and 20-inch forged alloy wheels with central locking hubs.

The interior carries over but adopts leather / Alcantara seats, an Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel and red contrast stitching.

Power comes from a 3.8-liter six-cylinder boxer engine that features variable valve timing, direct injection, titanium connecting rods and forged pistons. It enables the engine to produce 475 HP (349 kW) and 324 lb-ft (438 Nm) of torque. The engine is connected to a seven-speed dual clutch transmission which sends power to the rear wheels via a locking differential. Acceleration from 0-100 km/h takes 3.5 seconds, before hitting a top speed of 315 km/h (195 mph). To put things into prospective, Porsche says the model can lap the Nürburgring Nordschleife in less than seven minutes and thirty seconds.

On the handling front, the GT3 will become the first Porsche to offer an active rear wheel steering system. Designed to deliver unparalleled driving dynamics, the system steers the rear wheels in the same or opposite direction of the front wheels for improved agility.

The Porsche 911 GT3 will go on sale in Germany this August and pricing starts at €137,303 (including VAT and national specifications).

Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 03-04-2013, 03:08 PM.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: New 911 GT3 (991)

hot! need to get one of these
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

looks badass i love it! i need a 911 in my life...

Comment

Too bad about the ***** shift
        2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
        2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
        2001 Audi A4 - RIP
        2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
        2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
        2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
        1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
        2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

Originally posted by RSS View Post
          Too bad about the ***** shift
          So true. In reality these days your won't have to know how to race. The car will do it for you. The most race bred 911 and its a fucking auto.

Comment

Soooo awesome!
            ~~TODD~~
            '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

very sexy car.
              kinda sad that Porsches "pure enthusiast's" car doesnt come with a manual gearbox anymore, but the PDK in this thing is actually pretty cool. specially designed for this car.
              Current:
              2017 VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion DSG
              2013 VW Jetta 2.5
              Past:
              2005 VW JTI 1.8T
              1993 VW Jetta 2.0
              1996 VW GTI VR6

1991 Ford F150 4X4
              1989 Nissan Kingcab 2WD
              1983 Buick Skylark

Comment

So sick of the lack of manual transmissions being offered on all my future dream cars!!!! I don't give a **** that the car is 10 seconds faster around the ring or that it is 0.4 seconds faster to 60 mph. I want to change my own gears damnit!!!!!
                Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Driver experience > shift speed. When will these companies learn this? I'm with the masses. How can you have fun driving 300km/h when you didnt even feel how you got to that speed?
                  Patryk
                  Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                  08 VW .:R32
                  04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Gawd damn that thing is beautiful, but i agree about the shifter. I hate that all of these amazing high performance cars are no longer offering manuals, thats a game changer, if a performance car doesn't have a manual i wont even consider looking at it!
                    sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                    His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                    Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                    Past:
                    B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                    B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                    2004 .:R32 BMP
                    2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                    2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                    1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Y'all said it... hot... but fail.

993 turbo ftw, or 997.2 gt3rs 4.0
                      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                      Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                      Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

guys blame emissions standards and fuel economy and overall maintenance on the transmission choices.

audis wont' have manuals anymore past 2015 models i think too :(

i'd have to honestly try one to see how i like it

that being said i'm helping my father in law config a a 911 right now and we put in the 7spd PDK

Comment

^^^ Truth.

Used to be manuals were better for mileage, but now they can tweak the TCUs to behave most economically for the EPA ratings testing. So guess what gets (artificially) rated as more efficient... What a crock.

But, look all around... automation is becoming more and more prevalent. I guess we'll have to adapt or get left behind. Just five years ago I had to type in a number to my cell phone, now Siri can do it for me! I'm so old I remember having to memorize phone numbers! haha
                          Last edited by PRY4SNO; 03-04-2013, 09:17 PM.
                          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Nice car... and I'm sure it's sickly fast... but I'll take a manual 997 GT3. Thank You.
                            Rob
                            Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                            Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

4 wheel steering and no clutch....

Comment

Working...
                              X