New 911 GT3 (991)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New 911 GT3 (991)

Well as a track oriented car this is designed to give you the best times and that is no longer with you shifting the gears, that is progress and it is not going to change back anytime soon. I think I would have to give it a go before I could truley decide and the clutch disengage feature described in the video is a slick touch.

The wheels though on this car are just so hot, thin forged and some concave in the rear, just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I do like the wheels but I am still skeptical about the 4 wheel steering. All I can think of is mid 80's honda

Comment

Such a nice looking car
        ~Tracy~
        MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
        Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

Originally posted by martin13 View Post
          I do like the wheels but I am still skeptical about the 4 wheel steering. All I can think of is mid 80's honda
          The Nissan 300ZX had that too... I almost bought one of those a few years ago.

I haven't been totally sold on the looks of the 991, but I am now! This one looks pretty hot! Too bad it doesn't have a manual trans though.
          Scott
          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

I don't remember but weren't most of the old 4ws cars passive rear? it says this is active. Splitting hairs I suppose.
            Jay

Comment

i like the looks of this car but epic fail with the transmission. technology is making cars boring and stupid and making drivers lazy and awful.
              you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Originally posted by martin13 View Post
                All I can think about for 4 wheel steering is Hicus. Any car that I've been in that had it, it was broken.
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Watch that EVO video! I'm finally sold on PDK
                  Last edited by Kor; 03-07-2013, 10:04 PM.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
                    Watch that EVO video! I'm finally sold on PDK
                    Ya... me too TBH; but only on hype.

I want guy's phone # / email before I call. And a GoPro.
                    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Still waiting for the Turbo.

Comment

if you watch the video, they explain the tranny. i'd honestly try it before i started complaining about flappy paddle gearboxes. they have come a looooongway
                        Team Highschool
                        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                          if you watch the video, they explain the tranny. i'd honestly try it before i started complaining about flappy paddle gearboxes. they have come a looooongway
                          I Cant speak for everyone, but as for me its not about how good the transmission is, its about the missed feeling of a 3rd pedal. And I would assume that is what most enthusiast like so much. In my mind there is no question about the fact that the DSG is a much faster and better transmission. I have driven a few DSG cars and the shifting is unbelievably quick and smooth. But even as great as it is, I cant help but feel like a part of my full driving experience is missing since I dont have the clutch to press down and the shifter to throw into the next gear.
                          Patryk
                          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                          08 VW .:R32
                          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

This!
                            Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                            -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                            -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

basically. ^^^
                              you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

They do address that in the video. I think Porsche is acknowledging that what manual lovers want is more involvement. They've changed up PDK for the GT3 to make it feel more involving - 7 gears without an overdrive, ability to essentially control the clutch and put it in neutral, launch control, etc.

For sure it's still not going to have that 3rd pedal but on the other hand you will be very busy with the finger paddles in a way you haven't been with other paddle-transmission cars. So maybe you won't have time to miss the pedal.

Have to drive it to see.
                                KR
                                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                                X