Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Watch Aficionados?

I have one of these,

I LOVE expensive watches due to the mechanics behind them and to know someone has built that, very impressive. That being said I also think if you don't have enough money to live off interest/investments you have made with your money you are a moron for buying a really expensive watch.

Comment

Anyone here own a Sinn? I am considering a Sinn U2 for work, because they seem so rugged and unscratchable.

Comment

If your worried about hurting your watch at work I would say buy an invicta off amazon for $100. I have a couple that I wear in the field rather than my good ones.
        Current: Golf R and a corporate lease nobody cares about

Comment

Originally posted by ToXicXxX View Post
          Anyone here own a Sinn? I am considering a Sinn U2 for work, because they seem so rugged and unscratchable.
          I have been swamped with work also but how deep is the water at your desk??

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
            I have been swamped with work also but how deep is the water at your desk??
            I work in a shop. More concerned about smacking it on things. Hence the interest in steel that is harder then average.
            Last edited by ToXicXxX; 08-27-2014, 05:27 PM.

Comment

new addition to the collection, B&M 10063
              REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
              -james

Comment

Baume & Mercier are quality stuff.
                Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post

Nice pickup James and nice to see you still around too!!
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Picked up a Mahle Glashutte 29er big on a bracelet. I love it.

Comment

Link to my (modest) collection. I like watches that look more expensive than they are. Laco, Vostok, Tissot.
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/ansonc...7624215227357/
                      2002 Audi allroad 6-speed MT
                      Unitronic stage 1, Arnott coil-overs (d-bagged?)

Comment

Beautiful piece!
                        Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

I was having a mooch about Selfridges on the weekend and took a quick swing through the watch department and I saw the new Bell & Ross Rocket versions, all pretty nice but I quite enjoyed the simple new BR 03-97 as I am a fan of power reserve complications.

Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                            I was having a mooch about Selfridges on the weekend and took a quick swing through the watch department and I saw the new Bell & Ross Rocket versions, all pretty nice but I quite enjoyed the simple new BR 03-97 as I am a fan of power reserve complications.

I really want to like B&R. Almost bought a ceramic one a few times, but I just don't think I cal pull it off.

My next big nab will be a Glashutte Original pano with the moon phase complication. Loving these German watches. I wear my Muhle Glashutte 29er big almost every day now.
                            Last edited by ToXicXxX; 09-29-2014, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                              Nice pickup James and nice to see you still around too!!
                              Thanks Blair - Was actually a gift from my fiancee (or wife in about a week!) for our wedding.

Still lurking around from time to time...Still driving VAG too (2012 S4 now though)

Also picked up this watch roll.

..Was in the market for a winder but can't justify spending the cash on a nice one when there are still so many watches to buy!
                              REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                              -james

Comment

Thanks Blair - Was actually a gift from my fiancee (or wife in about a week!) for our wedding.

Still lurking around from time to time...Still driving VAG too (2012 S4 now though)

Also picked up this watch roll.

..Was in the market for a winder but can't justify spending the cash on a nice one when there are still so many watches to buy!
                                Well congrats on the watch and upcoming wedding!!! I agree a winder is nice but I would rather put the money into something new to wear too!!
                                Blair

Comment

Working...
                                X