Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Watch Aficionados?

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
    Not really an aficionado but I was looking for a cheap 20 atm watch to go on vacation with (I loose watches like I loose hair) and was wondering about some suggestions? My current thought is to go with the Casio MDV-160.

Seiko Pepsi's are automatic and has better value IMO:

Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
      Those cost close to 50K do they not??
      I am pretty sure that is a one-off watch. Sold @ auction for around $60k us if I remember correctly.

Maybe a similar monaco? Or did you buy it???? lol
      Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

mine is like the one in the picture but blue faced. and the strap has blue inside the holes.. its a cool watch for looks the clock itself is so small its silly

Comment

I bought this on a whim as a beater and its been surprisingly comfortable and very rugged , Seiko Orange Monster 1st gen.

Comment

Another one of mine.

--
            Rod
            Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
            2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I picked up this Raymond Weil Freelancer Day/date a few weeks back.

Current: Golf R and a corporate lease nobody cares about

Comment

Not a bad choice that one.

I have been thinking about a new Omega Seamaster pretty seriously... the question is can I make myself wait for xmas?
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Bumping this up. Does anyone have someone they go to for batteries? I have 4-5 Nixons that are dead and I'd rather help someone out or go to someone who is known than just go drop off a bunch at the bay.
                  Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                  2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

There is a small watch stand in Deerfoot mall, a Russian guy owns it. He has fixed a bunch of my watches.

And since the thread is back, here is what I picked up Friday. Oris Hawker Hunter, limited edition that sold out five years ago. Happened to come across one and got a great deal.
                    Current: Golf R and a corporate lease nobody cares about

Comment

Nice purchase!!! I am still just living with my B&R and Tag as not enough spare income to justify anything new, but I am still lusting after Rolexs and Panerais , hopefully one day. Bamford is still doing some epic modded Rolexs but the prices are pretty insane!

Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

• Watches! Who wears em?

I've worn the same Omega Speedmaster Professional Ref 3570.50 for close to 7 years now and have finally decided to sell it and go for something a bit newer and exciting (the Speedy is awesome, don't get me wrong, but it's a bit small for me, and and a bit "office" compared to my nature).

I'd love options from any watch loving members! I was considering a gently used Omega Planet Ocean XL 8500 or a gently used Panerai 312.

Last edited by ToXicXxX; 07-04-2014, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Re: Watches! Who wears em?

It really depends on what you want from a watch, for me I wanted a design, dial or look to be more or less timeless. not look dated in 10-20 -30 years plus. I wanted to be able to glance at it and tell the time with out having to examine it. It needed to be tough, stand up to yard work, bike riding paths or downhill, swimming, skating, day in and day out
                          winter or summer, and I wanted an automatic so I did not have to wind it repeatedly. I ended up with a Rolex Explorer II and have had it for 15 years and it has not missed a beat.
                          It has it's bumps and dings, scratches but still looks great, I have been through Submariners, GMT, and a couple Tudors [I still have a Tudor Sub and a moon watch ]
                          Recently I bought a Seiko Orange Monster and am really surprised and impressed at how tough and wearable this watch is. To look at my watches they really have no BLING but thats not what I wanted,[when most people ask if it is a fake I say yes] It does the job I want it to do, looks good ,is tough ,keeps time and will never look outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by EXP View Post
                            It really depends on what you want from a watch, for me I wanted a design, dial or look to be more or less timeless. not look dated in 10-20 -30 years plus. I wanted to be able to glance at it and tell the time with out having to examine it. It needed to be tough, stand up to yard work, bike riding paths or downhill, swimming, skating, day in and day out
                            winter or summer, and I wanted an automatic so I did not have to wind it repeatedly. I ended up with a Rolex Explorer II and have had it for 15 years and it has not missed a beat.
                            It has it's bumps and dings, scratches but still looks great, I have been through Submariners, GMT, and a couple Tudors [I still have a Tudor Sub and a moon watch ]
                            Recently I bought a Seiko Orange Monster and am really surprised and impressed at how tough and wearable this watch is. To look at my watches they really have no BLING but thats not what I wanted,[when most people ask if it is a fake I say yes] It does the job I want it to do, looks good ,is tough ,keeps time and will never look outdated.

Have actually been considering a Explorer 2 or a GMT, but I kinda don't want the social stigma that goes with them (saying it's fake is a good solution though). I also like a very large watch (hence the PAM or the POXL or even maybe an IWC, though I'm not huge on fliegers).
                            Last edited by ToXicXxX; 07-04-2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I had a black vestal which I wore for years. Really liked it. Now my daily is this Lum Tec. Got it a year or so ago from the wife as an engagement watch. Once I get more ahead money wise I would love to get some thing really nice.

Here is the daily

sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
                              His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
                              Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
                              Past:
                              B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
                              B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
                              2004 .:R32 BMP
                              2001.5 Noggy blue s4
                              2000 VW GTI 1.8T
                              1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Well we have had a long going watch thread around these parts, but perhaps a bit quiet now a days:

http://www.eurodrivers.ca/forums/sho...ighlight=watch

Personally I have two nice watches a Tag Heuer Monaco which I have had for 8 years now and usually is my work/business watch and my other watch is a Bell & Ross BR01-94 which was my more casual choice, but since I have been slacking lately it has really been my daily for the last couple years and I have had it for 6 years now too. I am not sure I would ever sell either of them but I have been wanting something like a Rolex Milgauss or a Panerai for something new, but could be some time before I can afford to make such a purchase.

Blair
                                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                                X