twopointslow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: twopointslow

nice meeting you both this weekend. shoulda coulda woulda got a manual. dont know how to drive stick though. wah wah.
    Last edited by Drewlikecrazy; 06-16-2014, 08:35 PM.
    D R E W

Comment

I usually get 9-10 l/100km in the city and 6.7-7.5 on the run to Kelowna (manual transmission).
      Last edited by resolute; 06-17-2014, 06:43 PM.

Comment

New record! almost at the last line haha

heres a picture my dad took as i was leaving. kinda dig it
        Last edited by Drewlikecrazy; 06-20-2014, 09:19 PM.
        D R E W

Comment

well, I put the golf up on kijiji. If this sells i'm probably just going to end up getting a jetta 1.8t unless i can find a golf gti, mazda3 hatch, skyline r32, or a subaru gc8 for a decent price. I got a need for speed... and a manual transmission. If I dont end up getting a price near what I want, then I'll probably end up keeping it. The price is a little high, and im not expecting anyone from eurodrivers to buy it unless they really want to, but you never know.

pictures are upside down, too lazy to fix it lol

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...5500/605723971
          D R E W

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
            my classmate's 2.slow auto gets 650km on 50L of 87 octane (7.69L/100km) with a check engine light on lol
            CEL is not the same as "gas light", gas light is the icon that comes on when your tank is almost empty. So if he's getting 580 km on an already empty tank it's pretty amazing mileage.

On my TDI I'm getting about 47 mpg right now which is pretty terrible considering I'm used to 50+.
            Last edited by witchcraftz; 06-24-2014, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
              CEL is not the same as "gas light", gas light is the icon that comes on when your tank is almost empty. So if he's getting 580 km on an already empty tank it's pretty amazing mileage.

On my TDI I'm getting about 47 mpg right now which is pretty terrible considering I'm used to 50+.
              I'm sure he knows that. Pretty sure he is saying it gets that mileage while not running right, hence the check engine light.
              Mitch

1996 Harlequin
              2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Drew, fix the photo's, a lot of people won't even look at an ad when the seller doesn't take the time to make the photos proper, myself included. It shows a lack of pride, and some may translate that into a lack of pride in your car...BTW, I don't think the price is a bit high at all...just right IMO
                GLWS
                Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

ok
                  D R E W

Comment

Well i'm kind of torn between selling the golf or keeping it. I've only had 1 person test drive it, but they never got back to me. And only a few others have emailed me but don't want to come and check it out. i'm gonna drop the price a little and see what I get, but if nothing happens, i'll probably just end up keeping it I guess. Ever since the person test drove the car though, The front drivers side shock or spring seems to be making a squeaky noise...? googled it and it seems like a common problem on the mk4, but nobody really has a solution. test driver effed my car up lol. Also, another problem. After a fair amount of driving, my speedometer needle doesn't go above 120 kmh. I asked one of my friends if i was doing 120, but it turns out i was doing 140... NOT GOOD!! any solutions to that too? only seems to do it once the car has been running for awhile.
                    Last edited by Drewlikecrazy; 07-02-2014, 02:34 PM.
                    D R E W

Comment

For your needle check out your VSS sensor and wiring. Use a Vagcom cable to see what the ECU is actually seeing and compare that to what is actually being displayed on the instrument cluster.

Check your upper strut bushings for the squeeking issue.
                      Ideally it should look like this:

If it is worn out it will start to get a gap kinda like this:

Comment

yup, the strut bushings would be the problem lol.
                        D R E W

Comment

Originally posted by Drewlikecrazy View Post
                          yup, the strut bushings would be the problem lol.
                          I might have some, I'll bring them to the meet Tommorow if I can find them

Comment

wont be able to make the meet tomorrow :( working.
                            D R E W

Comment

well i havent received much interest in the golf, so looks like im keeping it for a little longer, which im ok with. window tint, and hopefully some rims that actually fit are the plan for now. still indecisive on low or not. as they say, make the best out of a bad situation. not really a bad situation, but you get the point.
                              Last edited by Drewlikecrazy; 07-09-2014, 02:20 PM.
                              D R E W

Comment

Buy my Sawblades
                                Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

Working...
                                X