Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: twopointslow

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
    Talk to George (geobmx4gaylife) and see if you can grab his ultimo's for cheap. Crank them up to a reasonable height and they will ride pretty decent. They only start to blow and be unreliable when you have them cranked all the way down.
    Then again any coil will ride decent if you don't lower the crap out of your car.
    Well I probably won't go any lower than having the fender just above my tire. This is my car as of now, I just picked up the new wheels 3 days ago and currently looking for coils.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/aku06p.jpg
    Last edited by Krzys; 09-12-2014, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
      The ultimos are great for really low...but know this...cranked all the way up in the rear is still very low
      What about with just the springs in the rear, no perches, wonder how low they go....
      Last edited by BolideVW; 09-12-2014, 04:15 PM.
      Dylan

Comment

What Dylan said^ just take your springs out and you will be the most slammed mk4 ever!!!! But seriously I've heard all kinds of **** talked about all kinds of coils but really for what you need ultimos will be fine, I would see if geo will sell you his, clean them up and throw em in.
        For older golfs and GTIs all I really care about is that they will ride low and corner well. I had FK Streetlines in my mk3 and while they are considered a shitty coil I was happy with them. Racelands will be fine
        Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

If you plan on going properly low, there's no point really worrying about ride quaility most coils in the sub ~$1500 range will have very little difference, none of them will be that great. I've still got rokkor coils on my gti and really haven't seen a need to upgrade yet. There's lots of other things that change how the car will ride vs just getting spendy coilovers.
          Derek
          01 GTI -cammed+stroked
          06 gmc - duramax
          11 Touareg
          Can am renegade 800

Comment

So my dad is letting me borrow his canon EOS Rebel t1i camera. It came with a 55mm lens, as well as a efs 18-55mm lens. I'm pretty noob to photography, but have been wanting to get into it. I've started by taking some shots of my car ( inb4 hate ) Let me know what you think! Any good photography tips!?!? Also, little update. As of today, im now 18. birthday money should fund coils. Also found a badged grille at pick and pull. sanded it down and re painted it because it wasn't black. didnt take any pics, but yeah man.

D R E W

Comment

Looks like you forgot to air down lol

Comment

I was reading some 2.0 threads awhile ago. Some people were mentioning getting new cams and a chip tune for them, as they're fairly inexpensive, and provide a bit more torque and horsepower to make it more "fun." Was looking at some cams, but not too sure what would be an appropriate one to get..? was thinking something like this: http://techtonicstuning.com/main/ind...oducts_id=2407
                as for chips, i know they can be pretty pricey.

inb4 just sell and get 1.8t, dont waste your money blah blah blah
                D R E W

Comment

• twopointslow

It's interesting. You come here asking for help. And opinions, but yet, after your questions, you basically say f*ck the haters inb4 whatever and all that sh*t.

I'll tell you now not to waste your money. Don't touch the engine. Just don't. It is a 2.0. Don't. You'll lose mileage, and most likely make the the car less reliable.
                  Last edited by Ur0Drivr; 09-29-2014, 08:38 PM.

Comment

I should probably just leave.
                    Last edited by Drewlikecrazy; 09-29-2014, 06:00 PM.
                    D R E W

Comment

Danny is right. Especially an auto tragic. My girlfriend and I just picked up a Mk3 2.0L Cabrio for her and the plan is to cam it and exhaust it and tune it etc.. Because this is a car she will most likely be keeping for years and years and we will be repainting it and it is worth putting money into.
                      A MK4 (dime a dozen) 2.0L Automatic could not be a bigger waste of money to try and make fast. Just lower it, drive it and move on to something better when the time comes.
                      Last edited by hooddub; 09-29-2014, 06:04 PM.
                      Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

ok
                        D R E W

Comment

Don't waste your money. Buy a 1.8t. Honestly that is the best advice anybody can give you in this current situation.

But as an all knowing 16 year old student with a first car i'd say go with your own expert opinion

Comment

16 eheheh. i'll just get my coils here and be done.
                            D R E W

Comment

Originally posted by Drewlikecrazy View Post
                              ) Let me know what you think! [/IMG]
                              I'll keep my thoughts to myself!
                              Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                              -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                              -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

i know people will hate this but.. NOS works pretty good
                                Current Fleet
                                #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                                2001 Cobra #88/3786
                                1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                                2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                                2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Working...
                                X