twopointslow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: twopointslow

Sean beat me to it but i also have a amp and sub setup i want to get out of my garage, if you dont end up with Seans let me know.

Current
    02 Audi S3 - Low and Slow phase II follow the build @j_gheron
    04 GLI low and slow OG
    Past
    02 Laser S4//605'd//aquamisted//EPLed
    00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
      Easy to do it yourself. For both the seats and the deck and the amp/sub install.

I have an amp/sub that i may want to put up for sale, it isn't big and boomy, it is a 10" Rockford P3 shallow in a nice sealed downward facing box with a plexiglass backing. 300Watt rms sub. Powered by a directed audio 250Wrms amplifier, think its a model 250D or something along those lines. They work well together and provide a crisp bass sound, they are ~6 years old now and haven't been used in the past 5 years but i'd be willing to hook it up for you and prove that they work.
      if you do put it up for sale, let me know how much you want for them and i'll give it a thought!
      D R E W

Comment

WOW....cheap find on the seats!!!! Way less than I paid!!! You're gonna love them!
        Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

I finally got around to getting my stereo stuff in for the most part. I put in a new to me deck that I got from terry (thor). It was one of the first things I bought for my car, but was sitting in my room waiting for some new speakers and an amp and whatnot.

The deck is a jvc kd r80bt. For how cheap they are, i'm pretty satisfied with it. It connects to bluetooth fast, and can change to pretty much any color, and replaces my cigarette lighter phone charger!

The door speakers were the perfect size for the door (6.5") but the tweeters included were waaay to big to go where the oem ones go, so I drilled a hole in the door and mounted it there. It gets the job done. I wish they would've fit, but they didnt.

Also put in the wolfie seats, but still haven't wired them yet

Unfortunately the sub still hasn't gone in. Im missing the other end of the fuse, and some of the other cables were too small. The sub enclosure is also gonna need a hole drilled in it for more airflow. Should be going in soon.

I still need some rear speakers. thinking about going with some more kicker speakers. Also, Summer is coming! Thats all I got for now
          D R E W

Comment

I might have the other end of that fuse holder if you have not found it? I have a huge box of stereo wiring & stuff.

p.s Curious on why you need to drill a hole in your sub box? Is it a ported enclosure or sealed?

Comment

Originally posted by DaCoupe View Post
              I might have the other end of that fuse holder if you have not found it? I have a huge box of stereo wiring & stuff.

p.s Curious on why you need to drill a hole in your sub box? Is it a ported enclosure or sealed?
              I want more airflow in the enclosure for more of a hard knocking bass.
              D R E W

Comment

Sealed boxes have a more "hard knocking bass", ported boxes tend to have a more thundery bass.
                Last edited by Mcrow; 03-19-2015, 10:27 PM.
                Mitch

1996 Harlequin
                2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Originally posted by Mcrow View Post
                  Sealed boxes have a more "hard knocking bass", ported boxes tend to have a more thundery bass.
                  really? what i was reading said the complete opposite?
                  D R E W

Comment

Leave it sealed! Your welcome to listen to my 10" in my Golf its in a sealed box it puts out enough bass you feel it in your back and rattles to many things lol

Comment

P.S. Drilling a hole won't give you the results your looking for. Each sub is designed to work within there air space parameters.

Comment

ok. thanks for the tips guys!
                        D R E W

Comment

Drew uhhh that deck was 300 new.... aint nothing cheap about it XD. And yea if your sub is enclosed leave it that way its more then likely an enclosed setup porting it would make it sound off.
                          -Terry
                          -2014 S4
                          insta:Whiney_S4

Comment

damn. i dont even remember what i paid you for it, but yeah im pretty happy with it.
                            D R E W

Comment

What Mitch said is bang on, if you want that hard hitting base you gotta leave it sealed. What kind of sub is it, what amp are you running and what brand of box? A subwoofer will work best if it is placed in a box build to its optimal specs. Ported boxes are usually around twice the volume of sealed boxes to actually let the air flow properly. Believe me drilling a hole in your sealed box is the worst thing you could do for sound quality. If its sealed, leave it sealed and you'll be happy with it. Check your owners manual of your subwoofer to see the specs they recommend when it comes to box size.
                              Patryk
                              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                              08 VW .:R32
                              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

nice work drew, that tweeter location is a nice little spot. looks clean. Yup listen to what pat says, his stereo set up in his r32 was redonculus.
                                Last edited by Danaldson; 03-20-2015, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X