Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: twopointslow

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
    A little to dark for my liking, but props for doing your own work.
    Id normally agree, but it looks nice on a black car. Sticks out like a sore thumb everytime i see them on silver/white/red cars.
    Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
    ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
    PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

If you haven't already you may want to shoot a few coats of clear/gloss over the whole light to make it shiny. As "great" as the nightshades stuff is, it tends to have a matte look and it only gets more and more bland as time goes by. Glossing it up really makes the tail lights pop and will give the impression that you bought them like that.
      Props on the DIY, at least you didn't black out the whole thing

Comment

A little to dark for my liking,might be too dark to see the signals. but props for doing your own work.
        I made sure it wasn't too dark for the signals and reverse. I only did 2 coats of the stuff LOL. all is good. Thanks!

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
        If you haven't already you may want to shoot a few coats of clear/gloss over the whole light to make it shiny. As "great" as the nightshades stuff is, it tends to have a matte look and it only gets more and more bland as time goes by. Glossing it up really makes the tail lights pop and will give the impression that you bought them like that.
        Props on the DIY, at least you didn't black out the whole thing
        Thanks for the tip. i'll pick up some clear coat tomorrow and give it a spray.
        Last edited by Drewlikecrazy; 09-06-2014, 01:26 AM.
        D R E W

Comment

Looks good Drew. Definitely agree with clearing them. Do 4-5 coats of clear if you want the best results with a spray can. Light at first and progressively heavier coats. Make sure you don't do too much and get a big run because you can't remove runs the same with the shitty spraybomb clear as you can with real clear.
          Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

Ok guys, the time has come. Finally have some dolla to spend on suspension. I've seen a few threads talking about what some good coil overs are, and I think i'm set on some raceland ultimo's. However, I was reading a thread from awhile ago that mentioned that if I don't plan on driving completely slammed, that I would be better off just buying a cup kit?!?! I think I would feel better having the option to adjust the height, but some opinion on cup kits would be nice.

D R E W

Comment

Originally posted by Drewlikecrazy View Post
              Ok guys, the time has come. Finally have some dolla to spend on suspension. I've seen a few threads talking about what some good coil overs are, and I think i'm set on some raceland ultimo's. However, I was reading a thread from awhile ago that mentioned that if I don't plan on driving completely slammed, that I would be better off just buying a cup kit?!?! I think I would feel better having the option to adjust the height, but some opinion on cup kits would be nice.

stop posting my car on your thread kiddo

Comment

First of all what's the most you want to spend.

Second, never get a cup kit. You won't be happy with it, you can't adjust them.
                Plus, imho, your gonna need to be decently low to pull off the sawblades, so grab some coils.

Concept has a decent set for pretty cheap.
                http://store.concept1.ca/Koilhaus-Co...-MK4-KHC-9004/

Comment

First of all what's the most you want to spend.

Second, never get a cup kit. You won't be happy with it, you can't adjust them.
                  Plus, imho, your gonna need to be decently low to pull off the sawblades, so grab some coils.

I'm also looking for coils, what do you think of the raceland ultimos?

Comment

Originally posted by Krzys View Post
                    I'm also looking for coils, what do you think of the raceland ultimos?
                    If your looking to go low. Buy them. But don't expect them to ride well.

I ran dirt cheap coils on my old mk4 and they were perfect for what I was looking for. Cheap, and they went low.

Comment

• Re: twopointslow

The ultimos are great for really low...but know this...cranked all the way up in the rear is still very low, that's why I upgraded to ST's on my Golf...and the ultimos are now sitting in my shed...I'm out in the mountains and need the ride height and clearance during the winter months.
                      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Talk to George (geobmx4gaylife) and see if you can grab his ultimo's for cheap. Crank them up to a reasonable height and they will ride pretty decent. They only start to blow and be unreliable when you have them cranked all the way down.
                        Then again any coil will ride decent if you don't lower the crap out of your car.

Comment

I was told that they were kind of crappy? my budget would be no more than $800
                          D R E W

Comment

I doubt they would be that bad. Even if they break they have a 2 year warranty

Comment

maybe i'll give them a shot, that way I wont have to buy coils online.
                              D R E W

Comment

Originally posted by Drewlikecrazy View Post
                                I was told that they were kind of crappy? my budget would be no more than $800
                                Who did you hear that from? Anybody with personal experience with them or someone just saying that they were crappy because they were cheap?

Comment

Working...
                                X