Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's Talk Phones

Originally posted by KOR;
    If I handed you my phone right now, you'd agree its better than an iphone after 30 seconds of using it. I haven't met one person who hasn't thought so.

On paper you can write whatever you want. I bet you've only owned an iPhone and nothing else. Its like bench racing cars that you haven't driven.

DRIVE THE CAR FIRST. .
    Grabbed this from the closed thread.

Kor, Ill bite. which phone is that?
    Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by cam_wmh View Post
      Grabbed this from the closed thread.

Kor, Ill bite. which phone is that?
      who f'n cares. chris is a super duper haxor becuase he used mod to reply to a closed thread to have the last word.
      D.J.
      Turbo SVT Focus
      Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Apple has huge profit margin but not a huge market share. Google is the fastest growing. If I didn't have a BB from work I would have an android phone in a heartbeat.

I used the torch for a bit - I have a storm and I don't type a lot so the pop out keyboard is just extra weight. And frankly the torch screen keypad is very iphonish and works well. I bet a lot of people won't bother using the pull out keyboard.

I'm really anxious to hear about the new Windows phones since it's a total rewrite from scratch. Sounds like they took no crap from the carriers this time so they could design how they want (ala Apple).

I would have loved to have an iphone in the waiting rooms though, the games kill (haven't seen how many are avail on the android). Blackberry I have... chess. I've very good at chess now.
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by AllGo'n'Show View Post
          Lovin' my BB's (had all of them except for the blue bricks, worst was the pearl, best so far is the new bold 9700 for software and functions). Will not be jumping on the Apple bandwagon ever.

Anyone tried any of HTC's new stuff? I had an old HTC and I liked it but was a little finicky at the time, would love to give them another whirl.
          I too have had almost every iteration of the BB. I still have a vintage 850 from 1999. Currently have both a Storm2 and Bold 9700.

I would like to get my hands on the iPhone 4 or a new HTC as being the go to IT guy I always get questions on phone email setup with our network. I don't really care what hardware or OS people run just as long as they RTFM and don't expect the phone to do something it wasn't designed to do.
          2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

Originally posted by aliencurv View Post
            who f'n cares. chris is a super duper haxor becuase he used mod to reply to a closed thread to have the last word.
            there is zero cohesion in your logic.

me caring, has zero to do with him exercising his 1337dom in that thread.

in fact, the 1337 leads to a lot of buildup about the phone.
            Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

actually alex i can see your point for kids yea.. or a hotel kinda deal that would be neat

the wife and i have watched movies on our iphones before camping works well

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                the wife and i have watched movies on our iphones before camping works well
                I thought people went camping to see the outdoors and sit by the fire?
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

and play angry birds..

i'm still waiting for that new RIM tablet and see how good it actually is if at all

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                    actually alex i can see your point for kids yea.. or a hotel kinda deal that would be neat
                    Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

I'd say the only thing that kills me about the iphone is trying to put movies/shows on it, converting them is a pain in the but. Can other phones like say an HTC run other file formats?
                      Last edited by J-hop; 10-13-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J-hop View Post
                        I'd say the only thing that kills me about the iphone is trying to put movies/shows on it, converting them is a pain in the but. Can other phones like say an HTC run other file formats?
                        The extra time to convert the video file is for your benefit and confused as a proprietary apple decision. The reason is the conversion resizes the file so more can fit in your device. Also, the QuickTime mp4 format is far more effecient and great for motion video then other video codecs.

If u went with an android or windows phone, you will be able to play more video formats, but have less space and control.

Also, if you u jailbreak the iPhone, you can play any video format if u wish.
                        D.J.
                        Turbo SVT Focus
                        Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Originally posted by cam_wmh View Post
                          there is zero cohesion in your logic.

me caring, has zero to do with him exercising his 1337dom in that thread.

in fact, the 1337 leads to a lot of buildup about the phone.
                          I'm never wrong. Sorry, it was a dick move on his part. And I could care less about dicks, no matter what kind of phone a little IT guy thinks is rawesome.
                          D.J.
                          Turbo SVT Focus
                          Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

I've gone back and forth with many versions of each..
                            (Pearl, Some HTC touch screen, Pearl, Iphone, curve, Iphone 3G, Bold 9700, Iphone 4)

Heres my feeling: (Of a pretty basic business user, not 1337 haxor)

Aesthetics:
                            Iphone... without question.

Typing:
                            I can type faster on the Iphone, but more accurate with the BB

Email:
                            I dont notice much difference between the two.

Games:
                            Iphone hands down. Angry Birds!!

Other programs:
                            Iphone hands down (Although BB is making a small push, but their BB store is weak in comparison)
                            The ONLY BB program I wish my Iphone had was BBM.... I know you can get Whats App, but you have to get everyone to download it.

I'll be the first to admit the iPhone is far from the 'perfect' phone, but so far the closest thing Ive seen.

Comment

Originally posted by aliencurv View Post
                              The extra time to convert the video file is for your benefit and confused as a proprietary apple decision. The reason is the conversion resizes the file so more can fit in your device. Also, the QuickTime mp4 format is far more effecient and great for motion video then other video codecs.

If u went with an android or windows phone, you will be able to play more video formats, but have less space and control.

Also, if you u jailbreak the iPhone, you can play any video format if u wish.
                              THIS IS ALL TRUE. There is a better format for AVI called CineForm, but it's PC only to my knowledge.
                              Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                                2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Working...
                                X