Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's Talk Phones

Originally posted by bart View Post
    [img]http://images.intomobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/android-pee.jpg[img]

iPhone Hacked to Run Google’s Android
    http://hacknmod.com/hack/iphone-hack...oogles-android/
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by aliencurv;
      I'm never wrong. Sorry, it was a dick move on his part. And I could care less about dicks, no matter what kind of phone a little IT guy thinks is rawesome.
      im giving him the benefit that he enlightens us. dick move if he remains mum.

Originally posted by Eurotuner.;
      iPhone Hacked to Run Google’s Android
      http://hacknmod.com/hack/iphone-hack...oogles-android/
      Lol cool. Fail to see much benefit over a jb/unlocked ios4, other than the novelty to say "we can".
      Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by mDmVR6 View Post
        Anyone here have or played around with the BB Torch? I am thinking of getting one soon but haven't come across anyone who owns one. If you have never used one or don't have one then don't give me your opinion of them, I only want the opinion of someone who actually has one.
        I got one the day they came out from our Rogers rep here at work...and I love it! Coming from an old brick, pearl, storm1, curve8520, and now the Torch I can safely say it is the best yet. I think the new OS6 has a lot to do with it but they now have a touch screen that actually works! And you still have the real qwerty keyboard as a backup should you not like the touchscreen one.

And just to stir the pot some more...it's better than my sister's iPhone4 imho
        Kyle
        2000 Audi S4

Comment

Originally posted by cam_wmh View Post

me caring, has zero to do with him exercising his 1337dom in that thread.

in fact, the 1337 leads to a lot of buildup about the phone.
          Originally posted by aliencurv View Post
          I'm never wrong. Sorry, it was a dick move on his part. And I could care less about dicks, no matter what kind of phone a little IT guy thinks is rawesome.
          im giving him the benefit that he enlightens us. dick move if he remains mum.
          cool story
          Last edited by longsock; 10-13-2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoreSpeed View Post
            cool story
            seconded.
            Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

Originally posted by luunta View Post
              seconded.
              thirdeded

i put android on one of my iphones the other day when graeme was over. i was pretty excited because it was a new OS. but let me tell u, it's dumb.

it made my iphone sooo dumb that i wanted to buy a blackberry.

Can someone share with me what they like about Android OS over iphone OS?
              D.J.
              Turbo SVT Focus
              Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

well when im at starbucks ordering my "Venti half white mocha, half cafe vanilla, ez ice, with 2 shots pour appigato style (over the top) with whipped cream and caramel drizzle frappachino".. i like to add additional attention and draw in passerby's by presenting my latest android phone...

people will ask me about it all the time, along with comment about my sophisticated starbucks order, and radical I.T knowledge I must have to be utilizing an android. basically, i like to marginalize people with it.

but then when i show it to the other starbuckers, i constantly hear "ya i have an app for that.. and it doesnt crash - nor is it written in cantonese"

Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

i literally have no response except cool story bro.

granted, i don't understand anything you just said.

CSB.
                  Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

I have a phone. I use it to talk to people. Using my voice. I can hear them talk to me. Works well.

Comment

Originally posted by Red90 View Post
                      I have a phone. I use it to talk to people. Using my voice. I can hear them talk to me. Works well.
                      i have one of those ones too
                      Stefan
                      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by Smarty39 View Post
                        I got one the day they came out from our Rogers rep here at work...and I love it! Coming from an old brick, pearl, storm1, curve8520, and now the Torch I can safely say it is the best yet. I think the new OS6 has a lot to do with it but they now have a touch screen that actually works! And you still have the real qwerty keyboard as a backup should you not like the touchscreen one.

And just to stir the pot some more...it's better than my sister's iPhone4 imho
                        Have you tried the 9700 at all? Torch vs 9700 would be interesting.
                        Tunerworks Performance Inc.
                        Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
                        .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
                        STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

Originally posted by AllGo'n'Show View Post
                          Have you tried the 9700 at all? Torch vs 9700 would be interesting.
                          I have used both, and the 9700 is just a heavier curve with a nicer screen. The Torch runs the newer OS and so has some more android/iphoneish things (like multiple home screens right and left etc). Torch kills it, though they weigh about the same.

My contractor phone nerd buddy has used dozens of phones and until recently the iphone just didn't cut it for exchange calendar convenience and email features. But with the iphone4 he says he was 50/50 vs the torch - both were awesome and did everything he wanted. Iphone has a nicer screen, torch has the keyboard. He also already has an ipad so the huge iphone app library was a wash. Hates Itunes.
                          Geoff
                          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

ive been swapping back and forth between the torch and 9700 the last 2 weeks at work every few days. we have a demo here and ive been hogging it. its slick, and i really like it. everything i liked about the iphone is there, everything i hated about the iphone but loved about the 9700 is there.
                            for what i want it for...it works.

i was worried the slider area would be brittle, but its pretty overbuilt, and i think thats what addes to the weight.
                            Team Highschool
                            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

well when im at starbucks ordering my "Venti half white mocha, half cafe vanilla, ez ice, with 2 shots pour appigato style (over the top) with whipped cream and caramel drizzle frappachino".. i like to add additional attention and draw in passerby's by presenting my latest android phone...

people will ask me about it all the time, along with comment about my sophisticated starbucks order, and radical I.T knowledge I must have to be utilizing an android. basically, i like to marginalize people with it.

but then when i show it to the other starbuckers, i constantly hear "ya i have an app for that.. and it doesnt crash - nor is it written in cantonese"

how does this make you feel?

Comment

I think when it comes to hardware the droid phones are moar good . but when it comes to software and apps and the fun stuff I phone was is and always will be king
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X